Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kid with loaded gun arrested in League City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the marshall View Post
    This is just my opinion off course but when I was a youngster we had guns laying all around our house and so did my friends. No one ever took one to school to do harm to others. ever. Maybe to go hunting after school..

I also notice some want the parents arrested for what the person with the gun did.

Something is very different nowadays.

Not "person". Their kid, who lives under their roof and that they are or should be responsible for.

Comment

LOCK UP ANY FIREARM if you have ANY age kids in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know it's NOT going to happen, too many buy a firearm for whatever reason but what drives me NUTS are those who profess to be hunter's or recreational shooters (target) and don't have the common sense to prevent access!! Yeah, safes are expensive but you can at the LEAST put a trigger lock on what you have.

I raised 3 sons and never had any issues, but they also were very well schooled in firearm safety, never bullied, etc., etc., all the excuses we read and hear about. I don't know the answers but at the VERY least, keep any firearms as inaccessible as possible. Very disturbing and parents need to retract their "heads from the southern most orifice" and WAKE UP!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        I have very mixed feelings on the responsibility issue. I have a bigger problem that they raised someone with so little regard for others than the fact that a gun was accessible. The kid in Santa Fe was 17. You didn’t have access to your dads guns at 17? I had access to them at 7. I just knew better.

Curt for President 2024!!!!!

I’d say 2020 but I don’t think he could beat Trump![emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by jwood02 View Post
          This seems to be the norm after a school shooting. At what point are parents going to start locking up their guns so kids can not get access to them.
          when I was a kid my dad had quite a few guns, some on a rack and others just sitting on a night stand (all in their bedroom), and I knew dambed well not to mess with them without his permission.
          something else is wrong with people nowdays; and it isn't really all that hard to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I have very mixed feelings on the responsibility issue. I have a bigger problem that they raised someone with so little regard for others than the fact that a gun was accessible. The kid in Santa Fe was 17. You didn’t have access to your dads guns at 17? I had access to them at 7. I just knew better.
            Yep, had access to guns all my life without restraint. I knew what they could do and knew they weren't a toy, but at the same time I wasn't overly impressed with them either since they were so common in my life. They were just another tool to me that had to be used with respect.

Comment

Man when I was kid growing up in the country, we always took guns to school and no one thought anything of it. Times have changed or country folks just have more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                This ^^^^^ , and why I knew better was the sure and certain knowledge that my daddy would have beat the living hell out of me if I had acted ignorant with a gun. I started shooting daddy's old single barrel 12 ga. as soon as I could hold it up and never once had any thoughts of shooting anything other than game or snakes. When I expressed interest in shooting, he loaded it, aimed it at a small hickory sapling and cut it in two with one shot. It was pretty plain how much destruction came out of the end of the barrel, and a lesson I never forgot.

We live in a different world now though, and it ain't better.
                I agree with all of you guys, but one flaw in this argument (please i don't mean anything by this) is that you dad beating the crap out of you doesn't compare to the fact that the kid was going to commit suicide. So know he was going to get punished didn't really hold water compared to what he was going to do in his mind. He was just to chicken shi* to do it.

But I agree with everyone in that the parent played a role in this. making a gun accessible is their fault. for conversation sake if he had mental issues and they parents found him help they should have taken the extra steps to secure the weapons. And if he didn't have mental issues they still made the mistake of not securing the weapons. Either way they did a poor job.

My buddy is the officer that got shot so i will this crap kid would get the death penalty but i hear that he cannot for some stupid reason.

Comment

Working...
                X