Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These "auto stop-start" cars - crazy, or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's annoying

Comment

Almost as dumb as low-flow toilets that have to be flushed twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
        Pretty much zero lag. The only annoying part to me is in the summer and the AC compressor blows warm.

That wouldn’t work sitting in stop and go traffic in the Dallas summers

Comment

I have tried it and HATE it. My friends '18 F150 with that auto shutoff and 10 spd tranny feels bad to drive in. It's been in the shop for weeks only to find out that the hesitation is NORMAL. My plan is to buy one without that in the next year or so.

Comment

I've been in my new company F150 a little over a month now...first time in it was a bit perplexing not knowing what in the hell was going on.

After about a week it simply became automatic to & deactivate immediately after jumping in. It's no big deal if you have a bypass & would think all vehicles offer this option??

I did think it was kinda spiffy how taking you foot off the brake started the car while in gear...especially after all those times you accidentally cranked them in the past & had that god awful screeching sound.

Comment

My wife's new Jag has it and I hate it!!!!! I can not get use to the engine turning off every time you stop. As far as milage goes, I will suffer a mile or 5 if it don't shut off. With the little diesel we are knocking on 40 mpg hwy and 33 city, and that is when I remember to turn it off.

Comment

My F150 does it. It scares people that ride with me, but I barely notice it.

If it saves me on fuel, I don't see the down side. It can always be turned off if it gets annoying in stop and go traffic.

Comment

My commuter (BMW 328d-diesel) has it. It was annoying at first but now I hardly ever notice it, except when I go fill up.

Comment

Last edited by WItoTX; 05-02-2018, 02:25 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      That wouldn’t work sitting in stop and go traffic in the Dallas summers
                      Doesn't work in Houston traffic either. Get's turned-off as soon as I crank it up.

Comment

Old timers do seem to find it annoying for some reason, get used to it, they have fixed the lag issue with newer models I see no problems with it. Anything that gets my gas mileage up is a plus in my book, start stop tech and more electric are the future.

Comment

I think it was a really dumb idea. I forget to hit the button on my wifes truck.it scares me when I'm at a busy intersection and I'm looking both ways and it turns off. I would slap the guy who invented it

Comment

It is a feature on my wife's 2018 Grand Cherokee, and it does take a little getting used to. But, just a slight lift off the brake and it will start and away you go. It is very easy on the gas gauge.

Comment

On the new Chevy's it adds 14 hp to the 5.3 and gets better gas mileage. Not sure whats to hate about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
                                Ah.... you mean you can deactivate it in some way? That sounds encouraging.
                                Yep, the F-150 has a button you push and it deactivates the auto start/stop feature. You have to push the button each time you manually start the vehicle again.

Comment

Working...
                                X