H&R rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
    Love mine in 223. It only puts 1 hole in the target's bullseye at 100 yards no matter how many shots I fire.
    That is a terrible problem to have.

Comment

They were cool back when they were cheap and you could get barrels for them. Now however I would just get a bolt gun

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
        Love mine in 223. It only puts 1 hole in the target's bullseye at 100 yards no matter how many shots I fire.
        I once had a rifle like that. I could get about 1 in the bullseye. The rest were scattered all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
          I was just gettin ready to post about a 7mm08 I bought as my oldest’s first rifle. Most inaccurate rifle ive ever owned/shot. It was very randomly inaccurate, you just never knew if was gonna be high, low, left, right, 1” or 6” off..... it was strange
          Exactly, I couldn’t even get a group together to start making adjustments. Carters Country was good enough to take it back. Plus it kick like a mule.

Comment

Have an Ultra SB2 bull barrel 25-06 its a tack driver

Comment

have the 223,22hornet,44mag,444 and have no issues at all and cant complain .

Comment

Originally posted by mchunter67 View Post
                Have an Ultra SB2 bull barrel 25-06 its a tack driver

This is one of them I’m looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They shoot good.

I wouldn’t turn one down, but I also think a lot folks want waaaaaaaay more than they’re worth.

Comment

I've been looking for the 223 for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                      I have an NEF .17HMR which is the same as H&R and my buddy has one in .223, no accuracy or reliability problems from either rifle.
                      My boys used the NEF Handi-Rifle in .243, youth version. Great gun and very accurate, then they outgrew them so I sold them. I got one for myself later, bought from a TBH guy I think, its a heavy-barrel version with laminated stock/pistol grip. Very nice gun, handles well and I like shooting it.

Comment

Went and checked their available calibers. 444, 44mag, .308, .270 and 25-06.

Comment

I have 708,243,2506 I put a Boyds thumb hole stock on my 2506. Tack driver. 115gr. fun to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                            Went and checked their available calibers. 444, 44mag, .308, .270 and 25-06.

thanks for the report. nothing I'm lookin for.

Comment

I have probably owned 100 of these things in my life. At one time I had 25 in the safe. They are either really good, or really bad. I could do the trigger jobs myself, and most of the other tinkering needed to make them shoot. 243 and 270 were two calibers that I never had any luck with. Fired cases stuck,, and accuracy wasn't there in the 243 especially. I am down to about a half-dozen now. The 45-70 is probably the favorite gun I own.

Comment

I had one in .223. It shot very well. Shot a crow well over 300 yards with it. Someone offered me more than I paid for it. First I told him no but eventually he won me over with $. I have a buddy that has a heavy barrel. His was just heavier to carry. Didn’t seem to benefit from the heavy contour barrel. So if you have a choice get a regular profiled barrel.

Comment

Working...
                                X