Detachable Bottom Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detachable Bottom Metal

I’m needing a bottom metal that will accept a magazine that will fit a magazine that accommodates WSM size cartridges. I’m wanting something higher quality than ptg. Any recommendations? To my understanding it will have to accept AI mags or Accurate Mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with CDI bottom metal on my rifle build. I really like it. When I got my stock I sent it to them and bought the bottom metal and they inletted the stock for free.

I've personally not been real impressed with the AI mags. I've been messing with them forever and can't get them to work smooth. Either scratching the cases and clamped down way too much or letting rounds pop out. Seems either one extreme or the other. Can't get it to the sweet spot.

Comment

I have run American precision arms on my rifles in order to use AI mags. I’m not a fan due to the cartridge specific magazines as well as the bottom metal and mags rattle whether loaded or unloaded. Now I only run HS precision, they are cheaper than APA, very quiet, and they are double stack so you get the same capacity without as much magazine hanging down to snag on stuff. Ive also used magpul hunter 700 bottom “metals” with great results, they just require more inlet than an HS or APA.
      Last edited by oneisnone; 12-04-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I know it’s blasphemy to put plastic on a high $$ gun but I put a Magpul detachable on my 22-250 AI and I’m pretty happy with it. The mags are easy to load and feed well.

Your stock inlet will have to be opened up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I know it’s blasphemy to put plastic on a high $$ gun but I put a Magpul detachable on my 22-250 AI and I’m pretty happy with it. The mags are easy to load and feed well.

Your stock inlet will have to be opened up though.

If you run a magpul, you may have to put a washer or two behind the rear action screw. The magpul DBM sits higher in the stock and will cause the magazine to interfere with the bolt travel.

What stock are you running?

Comment

My HS precision has been my favorite. No rattling at all

Comment

My biggest concern is that I’m running an 6.5 RSaum and front the research it’ll need to be accurate or ai. I’m running it in a McMillan stock

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                If you run a magpul, you may have to put a washer or two behind the rear action screw. The magpul DBM sits higher in the stock and will cause the magazine to interfere with the bolt travel.

What stock are you running?

Mine is installed in a McMillan Remington Hunter stock.

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                My biggest concern is that I’m running an 6.5 RSaum and front the research it’ll need to be accurate or ai. I’m running it in a McMillan stock

The Magpul mags are AI pattern. Not sure if they make them compatible with the short mag cartridges though.

Comment

I’m running a 6.5 GAP 4s in a HS precision with no issues. If you order direct from HS, they will adjust the feed lips to work with your specific cartridge.

Comment

I have a Seekins which I love for the AR style mag release. My smith milled a B&C stock to perfection and it fits like a glove. I have only used Magpul mags and there is the tiniest hint of rattle from the mag itself. I suspect higher quality mags will rattle less with tighter tolerances.

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                      I’m running a 6.5 GAP 4s in a HS precision with no issues. If you order direct from HS, they will adjust the feed lips to work with your specific cartridge.

On their website did you pick the magazine for the 7 saum?

Comment

On their website did you pick the magazine for the 7 saum?

I called and talked to one of the guys there, told them what I was building and they fixed me up.

Comment

Working...
                        X