No announcement yet.

What line for saltwater fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll second the Fins wind tamer. Great line. Very forgiving.

Comment

I use a 15lb mono leader and retie. Tried the clips but didn't care for them.

Comment

PowerPro is good. Switched to 15lb spiderwire stealth a while back and like it as well.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used 12 lb. Trliene Big Game green for years, then started using 30 lb Spider wire in green the last 5 years or so, I use a 20 lb Trilene XL clear leader with both the mono and braid. I haven't had good luck with the fluoro for some reason, I have a ton of confidence in the mono leader.
          Last edited by JES; 07-05-2017, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
            Suffix 832 braid with a 5-6 foot mono shock leader
            This.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Do you use a clip or do you retie each time you change lures?

I carry two rods, one with a topwater, and one for plastics. I retie when I need to. I really don't ever change lures.

Comment

Suffix 832

Comment

I've got power pro 55# on mine.

Comment

Suffix braid 20lb with 6ft of fluorocarbon shock leader 30lb...teflon tape on the arbor when tying on braid at arbor...

Comment

power pro slick 8 in 20-30# for me. No use in switching it up if it aint broke, right? Been meaning to try wind tamer though.

Comment

Will have to look at the suffix and power pro braids.

Comment

This is just my opinion, and most will agree, but I think you are at an immediate disadvantage fishing with mono in terms of sensitivity and hook setting ease when it comes to bay fishing. Good choice on looking to make the switch to braid.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
                            This is just my opinion, and most will agree, but I think you are at an immediate disadvantage fishing with mono in terms of sensitivity and hook setting ease when it comes to bay fishing. Good choice on looking to make the switch to braid.
                            Like having sex with a condom on.

Comment

Power Pro

Comment

I use Berkley Trilene 20 lb for most of my fishing and 10 or 12 lb when I fish with live shrimp.

If you fish around Oyster beds, Be sure to check you line for abrasions as I've had that be the cause of the "Big One" getting away. I usually change line every 3-4 trips.

Comment

Working...
                                X