Resident / Non-Resident Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resident / Non-Resident Question

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but figured I would check anyways. I was a resident of TX from 01/01/18 until 05/01/18, then moved and got a CO license. However, I can't buy CO tags as a resident until I've been a resident of the state for 6 months. I have an opportunity to do some whitetail hunting in TX and was wondering if the 5 months of residency during the calendar year enables me to buy a resident hunting license or if I lost that privilege as soon as I moved? I know, likely a stupid question, but just wanted to check before I spent $315 on a non-resident general license.

You still know your tdl number.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Correct, however I trashed it and only carry my CO license now.

Comment

I think Texas is a 6 month as well.

Comment

Man i always decided if I ever had to move from Texas I would buy a lifetime licence before i moved. If you still have your Texas DL i would think your ok, but thats a total guess

Comment

I think you'll have to present a license either way and if yours says Colorado well you know the answer.

Comment

Just a thought, but the license year is from September 1 to August 31, so I think you miss out on a resident license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                I had that problem when I moved to Texas. I wasn't here long enough to get a resident license and was told by Academy that I couldn't buy a non resident license because I had a Texas drivers license. I wasn't sure what to do. I was in the system from my previous hunts with my MI drivers license, that I no longer had because the state took it when i got my Texas license. I had them run a non resident thru my Mi license.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  If you know this, purchase it online. However, they will send it to your address on record, so make sure your mail forwarding is set up through USPS.

Might want to invest in a lifetime license if you have a place to hunt here.

Comment

I wouldnt even worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      It is. I couldn't buy a resident hunting license when I first moved here, until I was officially in the state for 6 months.

Comment

The fine and loss of privileges will be more than $315.

Comment

Just call TPWD and ask what you shoukd do. They have always been helpful.

Comment

There a non resident 5-day license for $50, but you can't hunt deer. Only, hogs, & exotics.

Comment

Working...
                            X