Wasp Jak Hammer users??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasp Jak Hammer users??

Anybody on here use this mechanical? If so what draw weight plus arrow combo are you using with this head?

Good heads for 70# + hard cam bows.
    Order some rocket stealhead 125s off ebay.
    Cheap and complete pass through everytime.

Comment

I believe Michael has used them for many years, and to my knowledge hasn't ever had any issues with them.

Comment

Been using them 6 yrs now and have killed multiple deer with one head. Love them and have never had a problem with them. I'm shooting 28" draw and pulling like 68lbs or so shotting gold tip 7595

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
          Good heads for 70# + hard cam bows.
          Order some rocket stealhead 125s off ebay.
          Cheap and complete pass through everytime.
          I have used the steel head 100s for several years. Awesome head. Rocket has stopped making there line for now. Supposed to be redesigning the whole line. Supposed to release new line at the ATA show here in the coming weeks. I've shot the Wasp Bullet for along time and really like that head. Also they are American made product which makes them even better.
          Last edited by bowhunter01; 12-27-2015, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I've thrown a few at animals. This buck was shot with one out of my 70lb Hoyt Maxxis. I did not get a pass-through but the animal didn't go 40 yards.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqgx-69wzk0"]Texas Bowhunting 156" 10 Point - GoPro Camera - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Nice deer Casey. Cool vid. It penetrated out the other side. Blood seemed to be coming out real well. Was that the 1 1/4 or 1 3/4 cut?

Comment

1 3/4".

Comment

I love em. I'm shooting 65lb, and shooting the Easton FMJ 400's

Comment

Nice info boy's

Comment

Wasp Jak Hammer users??

Love me some Jak-Hammers.

I've killed a bunch of deer with 'em. Most are pass throughs but I have had a few stay in from hitting the off side shoulder. Very happy with them....Awesome blood trails and short tracking jobs.
                      I use the 100 grain 1 3/4".

From my two Hoyt bows I use....
                      One is a 60 pounder and the other is 65lb draw weight, 28" draw length, GoldTip Pro's and Beman ICS Hunter.

Here's the entry hole from my buck this year....He made it 70 yards.

Last edited by Bone Thug; 12-27-2015, 07:59 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bone Thug;10917340]Love me some Jak-Hammers.

I've killed a bunch of deer with 'em. Most are pass throughs but I have had a few stay in from hitting the off side shoulder. Very happy with them....Awesome blood trails and short tracking jobs.
                        I use the 100 grain 1 3/4".

From my two Hoyt bows I use....
                        One is a 60 pounder and the other is 65lb draw weight, 28" draw length, GoldTip Pro's and Beman ICS Hunter.

Here's a pic from my buck this year....He made it 70 yards.

Nice deer. I'am gonna give some a try here soon. I'am leaning more towards the 1 1/4 cut though. 61 pounds 28 inch draw with 430 grain arrow. I didn't have any issues with the steel heads passing completely through the front shoulders of deer. They were 1 1/8.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter01 View Post
                          I have used the steel head 100s for several years. Awesome head. Rocket has stopped making there line for now. Supposed to be redesigning the whole line. Supposed to release new line at the ATA show here in the coming weeks. I've shot the Wasp Bullet for along time and really like that head. Also they are American made product which makes them even better.
                          Sweet I would love to see a 100 grain head ,titanium furel,1.5" 3 blade, trocar tip that extends well past the blade ends like the 125 stealhead

Comment

I shoot them too from my Hoyt CRX 32/ 72 lbs and 29" draw on ICS Hunters. Best head I've used and great blood trails. Doe this year was spewing blood second after the shot.
                            Last edited by Wyatt 545; 12-30-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Wasp Jak Hammer users??

Originally posted by bowhunter01 View Post
                              Anybody on here use this mechanical? If so what draw weight plus arrow combo are you using with this head?

I've used them in the past with a 365 grain arrow at around 299fps. It still went a couple inches in the dirt after it blew through a whitetail. Be more concerned with the speed a bow is shooting the arrow at vs the poundage. That can vary greatly from slower to dragster bows.

Comment

Working...
                              X