Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only army that exicutes its wounded......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if I leave a conversation knowing I need to work on my character and wanting to punch someone...then what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
      So if I leave a conversation knowing I need to work on my character and wanting to punch someone...then what happened?
      Well if you didn't punch them, character wins

Comment

I also walked out of there the worst dad, husband, person and Christian in the world.

Comment

I also walked out of there the worst dad, husband, person and Christian in the world.
          Was that them condemning you or was that God’s Word and Holy Spirit revealing your defects? There is a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            Was that them condemning you or was that God’s Word and Holy Spirit revealing your defects? There is a difference
            Agreed.

Comment

Brother I been there

Comment

Not sure what’s going on but keep Your head up. Tomorrow is a new day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Is the Christian army.

Why is that?

Care to share the details? I can see where that perspective could be true.

I think it’s complicated to explain. I’ll try to share the readers digest version.

First thing we need to know is that we are ALL sinners. Those of us that have accepted Christ as our Savior have been adopted into HIS family. HE is our advocate in Heaven.

Second as we read the Bible we read things like

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 NASBS
                  [9] Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, [10] nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. [11] Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

1 Timothy 1:8-17 NASBS
                  [8] But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, [9] realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers [10] and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, [11] according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted. [12] I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service, [13] even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief; [14] and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus. [15] It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. [16] Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. [17] Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever.

1 Timothy 1:12-17 were for me specifically today as I type this, but am compelled to include them.

Theses are just paltry few verses.

Homosexuality seems to be the “in” thing in this time, that’s why I made it bold.

So what does this have to do with this thread.
                  Great question.

Christians are taught that, in the case of this example, that Homosexuality is a sin.
                  How does one differentiate between the person and their sin?

There are Church members who say that they, sinners, shouldn’t be allowed in Church.
                  They make a good argument. I ask myself and them this question.
                  Where else should they be or go to hear above forgiveness of sin, love and peace?

If you’ve read my testimony you’ll know that I wasn’t saved in a Church. I was 42 years and 12 days an 20 ish hours old. I was sitting in the drivers seat of my 18 wheeler. 2 weeks later I attended, which is vastly different than went to, a Church for the first time in 42 years. I was Baptized and accepted as a member.

I’ll touch on my thoughts on went to and attend.
                  We go Walmart shopping. Or I went to Walmart shopping. There’s no feeling no connection.

I attended my Family Reunion this year. There’s feeling, emotion and love.
                  Even tho you know there’s gonna be that crazy family (ME) member who does ...... EVERY time we get together.
                  We go because at the end of the day THEY ARE FAMILY and we love them and hope for the best for all of them.

I can go on but won’t.

Yes I know there’s other uses for went and attended that’ll change things. I am hoping to convey feeling a thought by using words.

I just had a thought. Why did I use Wal Mart as an example?

The initial question was WHY?
                  I personally do not know.
                  I know I try and see the person not their sin.

Words I try and remember.
                  We are all sinners.
                  I AM Saved by Grace.

Comment

I've walked in these shoes often times and still go through this occasionally.

A little backstory. I'm from a very large family. One of 8 kids in my immediate family and I have 5 sets of Aunts and Uncles with 32 cousins who all live in the same small town. I was a bit of a wild child if you want to call it that among my family. One of the more outspoken ones as well as the second oldest. As a teenager I did cause a ruckus often because I wasn't like everyone else. I didn't always just adhere to the status quo as my family believed. I've always been one to question tradition just for the sake of tradition, religiously speaking. My family is very religious but few of us have very close personal relationships.

In college, my life changed. I found a true relationship with Christ and I started to change. Among my coworkers, church family and people I meet, I get along with most everyone. I have gained the respect of most of the people I see on a normal basis except my family. When it comes to my immediate family, I still get put down, called out for how I used to be and basically get no respect whatsoever.

Having said all of that, often times even when these things happen, God has a reason for allowing it to happen. Typically there is a lesson that needs to be learned or maybe your faith is just being tested. Stay strong and stay the course. God will never leave you or forsake you. Trust in that. Not in people.

Comment

Your actions are not an end all deal. You obviously realized you have made a mistake, but the worst? I think not. When we look at out Biblical forefathers and study their mistakes, we realize they are just like us. Yet they were considered, men after GODs own heart, men that GOD considered them to be as close as a brother. GOD would walk with and commune with Adam, yet he committed the original sin.

So is your mistake the worst? I think not. Learn from it. We have a saying at work. "Let GOD use you"...well, "Let GOD use you" Your weakness is His strength.

Comment

Praying for ya tonight...get alone with the Lord if you can, focus more on Him and less on "others" if that is possible...remember God is in the reconciliation business. He can fix it!

and Im up for a while if you need an ear...working on wrapping up a paper on 1 Timothy 2 & 3 and women teaching in the church
                        Last edited by Death from Above; 01-12-2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Prayers for you on this "new day"...fresh start Amigo

Comment

Also agree....

Comment

Prayers up for a fresh outlook today...

Comment

I just checked back in on this thread.
                                I wish I would have waited to reply. I assumed it was a rhetorical question if sorts.

Now I know it wasn't.
                                In my defense.
                                I was going to be the 7th posts.

You said
                                When I walked out of there I felt like.....

Are you able/willing to expound on where there was?

Comment

Working...
                                X