Simple Guacamole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Guacamole

Not really a big secret recipe, but I never knew how to make guacamole. Very simple and very good, better than any restaurant I've ever had.

2 - Avocados
    1 - Lime
    Fiesta brand fajita seasoning
    purple onion

Peel avocados, remove seed, cube into pieces. Squeeze juice from one whole lime. Season to your taste with fajita seasoning. Add purple onion to your preference. Crush cubes and mix together with a fork.

Like I said not much to it. But I never really knew how to make it, and now we make it all the time.

Thats exactly the way I do mine, and its the best Ive ever had.

Comment

yep pretty easy and much better than the bought stuff.

Comment

Add ya about half cup of Mayo and THEN you'll have the best ever!!!

Also, leave the Avocado pits in with the mole and it will keep much fresher. If you don't eat it all in one setting!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
          Add ya about half cup of Mayo and THEN you'll have the best ever!!!

Also, leave the Avocado pits in with the mole and it will keep much fresher. If you don't eat it all in one setting!
          The lime juice will do the same thing, keeps it from turning brown.

Comment

I like to add a whole fresh jalapeno, 1 ripe Plum tomato diced, a clove of garlic and 3-4 sprigs of cilantro to mine to bring out the entire flavor of the dish. When I make mine, it's usually 4-5 times that above with my additions, maybe a 1 more jalapeno and extra onion and another Plum tomato.

Sure makes ya hurt yourself!

Comment

Ground Level.. exactly how i make mine.... the best ever..

I like to add a whole fresh jalapeno, 1 ripe Plum tomato diced, a clove of garlic and 3-4 sprigs of cilantro to mine to bring out the entire flavor of the dish. When I make mine, it's usually 4-5 times that above with my additions, maybe a 1 more jalapeno and extra onion and another Plum tomato.

Comment

Czech - where'd you get the gator on a draw hunt or some private land in a non-core county?

Comment

Czech - where'd you get the gator on a draw hunt or some private land in a non-core county? Oops sorry for double posting...the puter said the response was unable. Hmmm...

Comment

Anahuac/Winnie are on a ladies Texas State Rifle Association hunt, September 2006, it was fully guided and there were six ladies. it was a blast. Central Flyway Outfitters was the place...

Comment

Oh man.. Pancho Villa would cry if he read this... you have americanized guacamole.. next post will include ceddar cheese!

Most tips here sound tasty.. but I'll stick to the original recipe

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                        Anahuac/Winnie are on a ladies Texas State Rifle Association hunt, September 2006, it was fully guided and there were six ladies. it was a blast. Central Flyway Outfitters was the place...
                        Angie - is that you?

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I always just bought a packet.

Comment

Ground Level.. yes it is...

Comment

Originally posted by ground level View Post

Sure makes ya hurt yourself!
                              +1

All fresh produce, nothing from a can or jar.

Comment

Working...
                              X