Trophy question on pigs and yotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntin Addict View Post
    For me weight doesn't qualify for a trophy on a hog. However, cutters/whets are what I am looking for. This is the only one I pushed to have mounted.

[ATTACH]937381[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]937382[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]937383[/ATTACH]

When it comes to yotes, after seeing one of my friends kill a black one, that would be the only one I would have mounted.
    That’s a wicked hog there .

Comment

Agreed with all the comments on 'old and big'. Given the volume of hogs, I do struggle with clearly defining 'trophy' but...that said, you get one that stands out and you just know. Got this boar a long time ago - and didn't even realize the trophy I had until walking up on it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Neither r my thing as a trophy.. Kinda like a catfish. fun to shoot but not my goal.. I shoot pigs just to try and decrease #s on our property.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
          Got this boar a long time ago - and didn't even realize the trophy I had until walking up on it.
          You mean after you pulled the teeth all the way out.

Comment

Big cutters and its a trophy, bow kill a yote would be cool but would have to be a black yote to mount like the one above that's neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
              Yea i don’t know that i would ever do a full body on a hog... my taxi has done one that looked awesome, but not my thing.

My black yote

Bow yote i called in by mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              How much wwas the body mount?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                You mean after you pulled the teeth all the way out.
                Yup. Didn't know what to do with it, and at the time I wasn't a big fan of Euros on a piggy, so I let the skull rot out and kept the teeth.

Years later................................. I thought a mount of sorts would be nice rather than a pile of teeth, hence the fake.

Comment

Trophy question on pigs and yotes

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  How much wwas the body mount?

$450

He’s doing a bobcat and a pair of mallards for me right now.

Comment

When you have as many targets that I've got (hogs and yotes) I really can't consider them trophy's! Even if it was a black yote or a hog with world class cutters. Their just vermin to me!

Comment

$450

He’s doing a bobcat and a pair of mallards for me right now.

That's not bad!

Comment

A large old boar is a trophy in my book. Coyotes are cool and trophies if you want them to be.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleseipp View Post
                          Agreed with all the comments on 'old and big'. Given the volume of hogs, I do struggle with clearly defining 'trophy' but...that said, you get one that stands out and you just know. Got this boar a long time ago - and didn't even realize the trophy I had until walking up on it.
                          Is the entire bottom jaw on that? Can you post a side view?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            That's not bad!

He’s very fair, almost seems to cheap but I’m not complaining!
                            He told me he wants the average Joe hunter to be able to afford a quality mount.

I’ll be sure to share my bobcat when i get it back. He does a great job on them and everyone knows how most turn out hahaha.

Comment

He’s very fair, almost seems to cheap but I’m not complaining!
                              He told me he wants the average Joe hunter to be able to afford a quality mount.

I’ll be sure to share my bobcat when i get it back. He does a great job on them and everyone knows how most turn out hahaha.

Love to see it.

Man, Im getting more response on this thread than expected. Great!

Comment

I think yotes can be considered a trophy,because for every one you kill you saving about 12 fawns a year and one of those fawns might be a trophy some day!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X