No announcement yet.

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’ve got it right. Let me know when you’re heading out this way. Beautiful country. Bring a sweatshirt for July- we got 4” of snow on June 21 last year in Bozeman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a beautiful place you have going Bill. That country is incredible and your views are breathtaking. Thanks for sharing your progress and keep sending those pictures. I am jealous!

Comment

Some more pictures. It’s coming together!

The first cedar soffit installed, my wife and I stained it all. We’re setting up to do all the cedar board and batten the same color.

I got the stone for the hearth there on my side by side trailer- all 800# of it. The mason finished the chimney chase today- nice dry-stack but no picture.

I think we finally decided on engineered hardwood flooring for most of the house.

That massive 25’ beam came today, it will go under the vaulted ceiling and 2 trusses will rest on it.

Comment

Looks awesome Bill. Can't wait to see it sometime in the (hopefully near) future!

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Stereo wiring in ceilings of 2 rooms and outside on the deck wiring completed.

Roofing was started yesterday, it will be composition on the upper roof and metal on the wrap around porch.

Installed the 8x10 beam between living room and dining room. Instead of building a box beam, we went with a 25’ real douglas fir beam. It matches similar beams going into the kitchen.

Comment

Fireplace inliving room design changed. Wrap-around Montana sandstone mantle now, and elevated hearth in the front. I plan to hear the house on wood, it has a duct and blower into the master bedroom behind it.

Comment

I finally saw some antlers on land below ours- wish I’d had the better camera. We have a big, solo antelope buck on our property every morning.

Comment

The HVAC guys connected the fireplace’s outside air in, and remote duct into the master bedroom yesterday.

Electrical and plumbing rough-in done, HVAC except ac compressor awaiting a concrete pad done, sheetrock up in areas where insulation foam will be sprayed on the the back and awaiting insulation contractor to spray.

I put in 10 hours in the skid steer this weekend cleaning up the mess of rocks left behind from the power company’s excavation.

Comment

Look'in good Bill! I still got your number from last time I was up that way and we'll be making the buffalo to roundup line again next month, I plan to head west thru your neck of the woods!

Comment

Bill, which direction will our bedroom window face? The wife is concerned about the view.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Bill, which direction will our bedroom window face? The wife is concerned about the view.

The bonus room above the garage faces the Greenhorn Range to the south. Breakfast and bloody marys is served in the sunroom facing south.

Comment

My goodness you sure have a beautiful place! I can’t wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Insulation started today with spraying walls, ceilings and crawl space- then fiberglass. Many internal walls were fiberglass insulated and you can’t hear a conversation from the next room.

He also sprayed us 3 archery targets on wood bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              The bonus room above the garage faces the Greenhorn Range to the south. Breakfast and bloody marys is served in the sunroom facing south.

Bill, that'll do!

Comment

Havn't checked in in a while, Billy! Everything continues to look like that dream you had in mind. Just beautiful, sir.

I remain envious, and happy for you man! I've said it before, you're timing was impeccable, and I'm glad it worked out how it did.

Comment

Working...
                                X