Winchester Gun Safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester Gun Safe?

Talk me in or talk me out of this gun safe- I found some on Craigslist in Waco & wanted to know if they were a good deal or a cheap buy. Winchester Marksman 9, 12 gun safe for $375.

morning bump

Comment

I'd buy it -most of the gun thefts are relatives/meth/crack heads/sorry neighbors teenagers,if a real pro comes for your stuff he was gonna get it no matter what-IMO.Some security is better than nothing.

Comment

Any safe is better than no safe. I have a Winchester 24 gun that seems nice. Won't hold anywhere close to 24 guns though.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
          I'd buy it -most of the gun thefts are relatives/meth/crack heads/sorry neighbors teenagers,if a real pro comes for your stuff he was gonna get it no matter what-IMO.Some security is better than nothing.

Very true

Comment

Winchester is closing out several safes from the warehouse in Fort Worth. Awsome deals. I bought a Defender for $840 and a Ranger for $640. Give Josh a call and you can see what he has left. 817-846-6714

Comment

Sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                Any safe is better than no safe. I have a Winchester 24 gun that seems nice. Won't hold anywhere close to 24 guns though.

Yep. This seems true of any brand also. Mine has been great for 10+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just bought a 24 gun Winchester from tsc for $499 I really like
                  nice safe and like Outlook8 said, not close to 24 guns
                  ive got 12 rifles/shotguns in it now, 6 with scopes, I'm out of room

Comment

Brand new entry level gun safes (actually, they are RSCs - Residential Security Containers) start at the $500.00 - $600.00 range at the places like Costco and TSC. I bought one from Costco years ago, and the price included free shipping to my driveway. I was so happy I talked the wife into letting me buy one that I ignored everyone's advice. Well, they were right: buy the best RSC you can afford, buy one at least 2, if not 3 time bigger than you think you will need, if you have a choice, select the one with a dial combination lock rather than an electronic lock. Also, you will want to bolt the thing to the floor. It's scary how a crippled up old guy and 2 skinny teenagers can (and have) move a safe around (we used steel pipe as rollers). As others have posted, there is no way you'll ever cram as many guns in a safe as the advertisement says - unless they're all unscoped Daisy Red Ryder BB guns.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

then bolt that RSC to the floor with redheads concrete anchor

Comment

Well I got one...... and my dad liked it so much he picked up one for himself too
                        Attached Files

Comment

congrats-you will feel a little better with that,when you leave the house for a minute

Comment

If its really heavy, use Sch40 pvc as rollers. Won't damage the floor. Mine weighed 700 lbs, and I moved it up to my porch, used cardboard over the threshold, and into the closet I put it in with 1" pvc by myself, with wife moving rollers, (that was 10 years ago before any health issues hit). I also had a good 4 wheel furniture dolly for some of it. If you have carpet put down plywood, rip it and keep one piece ahead.

Comment

Working...
                            X