Help in Anderson County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help in Anderson County

I know it's a long shot being Thanksgiving but is there anyone that could spend an hour or two helping a friend at Big Lake Bottom WMA. He arrowed a Buck this morning and is having trouble tracking as he has never done it. This is his first deer and he said it is a good size buck so I would hate for him to lose it.

Bump for your buddy

Do they allow outside help?
    Staff is usually willing to help, did he ask them?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Bump for your buddy

Staff is usually willing to help, did he ask them?
      I called the Game Warden and the biologist but no answer. Waiting to hear back but I would assume they would allow help rather then let it be lost and waisted.

Comment

Too bad I’m in Denton right now and not at my dads place in Anderson Cty or I would help out. Hope he gets some help to find that deer. In for the results

Comment

Kyle Hand is a tbh’er. I used to have his cell, but I guessed I lost or erased it. He goes by bigdaddy something on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you tried the tracking dog list? I would think on a day like this that might be your best bet.

Comment

I have talked to Kyle and he has let me know that we can have none hunters help. He is going to keep looking for blood in the area of where he shot it. We are going to give it some more time before calling for a dog since it was a gut shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                I'm willing to bet they don't. Usually on these draw hunts, one of the staffer's will give everybody a phone number they can call if they need help.
                All I can suggest is tell your buddy to take his time and mark each drop of blood with tissue paper.

Comment

Any luck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wish I was in town. We won’t be back until tonight.

Did he find it?

Comment

Any word?

Comment

I was able to go out there Friday morning and found it for him. Although we were to late to save the meat he will at least get to mount it. He is hooked now! This was his first hunt and first kill.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Roysecityslayor View Post
                          I was able to go out there Friday morning and found it for him. Although we were to late to save the meat he will at least get to mount it. He is hooked now! This was his first hunt and first kill.
                          awesome! congrats to him

Comment

Congrats, at least he was able to salvage the cape and antlers. It’s a terrible feeling to loose a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
                              Congrats, at least he was able to salvage the cape and antlers. It’s a terrible feeling to loose a deer.
                              Amen to that. That's a great deer, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X