Pool Heater Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pool Heater Help

Anyone in the business that's close to The Woodlands/Spring?

I'll just explain the scenario. We've been trying to get our heater working for a while now. Pentair MaxTherm built in 2014. We've had two different guys out and we've spent close to $600 and the problem still exists.

1. It's throwing no error codes now other than r13 it will short cycle but that's it. The owners before us used it for years with no problems. We've already had the thermistor replaced and I've checked the thermal regulator.

Any close or have any thoughts on what else to check?

Pool Heater Help

Could be stack flu sensor
    Measure exhaust temp
    They’ll run for a few minutes and shut off when it quits
    Do you have good water flow?
    Also the best place to check master temp error codes is on the circuitboard inside the heater. Error code on display is usually very generic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sparkles; 04-02-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

r13 ia not an error code. Do you have service system or service heater light on?

Comment

P.m. sent

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
          Could be stack flu sensor
          Measure exhaust temp
          They’ll run for a few minutes and shut off when it quits
          it cuts off right now within the first two minutes cycles and then happens again.

Originally posted by Chadhender View Post
          r13 ia not an error code. Do you have service system or service heater light on?
          I' don't have a service heater light come on after it starts. The part that I don't get is the smell.

Just in case anyone was wondering. Pressure is good, skimmer baskets is empty. Flow from water features is excellent.

Comment

The main issues I have seen with heaters are:

low water flow (not your issue)
            temp sensor bad
            main control board bad

Comment

Pool Heater Help

Originally posted by muley4x4 View Post
              it cuts off right now within the first two minutes cycles and then happens again.

I' don't have a service heater light come on after it starts. The part that I don't get is the smell.

Just in case anyone was wondering. Pressure is good, skimmer baskets is empty. Flow from water features is excellent.

Exhaust fan still blow when it shuts off?

Decent video showing where to check error codes

Last edited by Sparkles; 04-02-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I pulled the thermal regulator. I plugged it back after testing now I'm getting an E01 code. Thermistor was replaced about 8 months ago. Do you think I need to replace it again?

Comment

Originally posted by muley4x4 View Post
                  I pulled the thermal regulator. I plugged it back after testing now I'm getting an E01 code. Thermistor was replaced about 8 months ago. Do you think I need to replace it again?
                  Yes, I’d try that first. I have replaced our at least once or twice a year in the last few years. Not sure why, but it fails constantly.

Comment

Working...
                  X