Deleted Diesel Truck Inspections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted Diesel Truck Inspections

Anybody in Williamson or Travis counties have diesel trucks that are deleted and go through the inspection process with any issues?

I know diesel's only have to do the safety inspection, but didn't know if anyone has ever run into problems with having an EGR delete or any other emissions modifications.

Looking to buy a used diesel truck and see several that have been modified and curious if it will cause me any issues getting inspected since i live in Williamson.

EGR has nothing to do with safety....just sayin

Comment

Never buy a truck that has been deleted. Getting it inspected would be the least of your worries

Comment

Don’t worry about it. Inspections for diesels in Texas are different than gas vehicles. All the stories you have heard are just stories.

Comment

I’ve driven modified diesels for the last 10 years and NEVER had a problem getting them inspected. I go to different places every time, too.

Comment

As a licensed Commercial Inspector one of the things we have to check for is obviously modified exhaust. EGR Delete etc....

Item 2 a)

I just tried to follow the link. It took me to the main page.

I'll post a screen shot or 2
            Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-27-2019, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              As a licensed Commercial Inspector one of the things we have to check for is obviously modified exhaust. EGR Delete etc....
              Commercial is a different animal. I assume he was referring to a personal vehicle.

Comment

OP I'm sorry for not being more specific in my last post.

The intent of that post was to let you know it is an item that is SUPPOSED to be inspected and you can fail the inspection.

Now whether or not it gets checked....

Maybe that was the intent of your OP and I missed it.
                If so so please accept my apologies

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                  I’ve driven modified diesels for the last 10 years and NEVER had a problem getting them inspected. I go to different places every time, too.
                  X2

Comment

My duramax is a 2010 and been deleted for at least 6 years. No issues with inspection. Several different places too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by perryr View Post
                      Don’t worry about it. Inspections for diesels in Texas are different than gas vehicles. All the stories you have heard are just stories.
                      Yeah ok the clean air act says otherwise : 1/2 the folks driving a diesel are a rolling violation

Texas law prohibits any person from selling, offering for sale, leasing, or offering to lease any vehicle not equipped with all emission control systems or devices in good operable condition. Violators are subject to penalties under the Texas Clean Air Act of up to $25,000 per violation.Sep 10, 2018

Defines "tampering" and what kinds of vehicle repairs can be made to correct tampering. Texas law prohibits selling or leasing tampered vehicles.
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-27-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Lots of places are starting to check underneath the hood of diesel trucks

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          Yeah ok the clean air act says otherwise : 1/2 the folks driving a diesel are a rolling violation

Texas law prohibits any person from selling, offering for sale, leasing, or offering to lease any vehicle not equipped with all emission control systems or devices in good operable condition. Violators are subject to penalties under the Texas Clean Air Act of up to $25,000 per violation.Sep 10, 2018

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airqualit...tampering.html
                          You know someone who received one of the $25k fines?

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airqualit...tampering.html
                            So....?

Comment

Originally posted by perryr View Post
                              You know someone who received one of the $25k fines?
                              We didn’t get a fine but did get failed inspection, maybe someone shouldn’t have been rolling coal inside the inspection station

Comment

Working...
                              X