Battery for Eccotemp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery for Eccotemp

What battery are you using for your portable H2O heaters???

I have a new Eccotemp L5 tankless hot water heater and looking for suggestions on battery to power it at the lease??

Thanks!

Anyone?? Did you go with deep cycle? Marine? Have heard of some folks just using a lawnmower battery?

Talking about for the in-line pump....

THanks.

Comment

The Eccotemp L5 tankless runs on 2 D batteries. The batteries are only used for igniting the flame. The appliance does not suck or push water, that is done externally.

I have a deep cycle battery hooked up to a 12V Utility water pump which delivers water from a 285 gallon tote. Said tote is filled by rainwater.

The deep cycle battery is connected to a charge controller and solar panel.

The same battery runs some led lights in my shower stall as well.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
        The Eccotemp L5 tankless runs on 2 D batteries. The batteries are only used for igniting the flame. The appliance does not suck or push water, that is done externally.

I have a deep cycle battery hooked up to a 12V Utility water pump which delivers water from a 285 gallon tote. Said tote is filled by rainwater.

Hope this helps.
        Yup, I concur. I have an L10

Comment

I ordered a 12 volt - 110 volt converter to use with mine, so I didn't have to jack with a battery. If you have electric up there, that's the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
            I ordered a 12 volt - 110 volt converter to use with mine, so I didn't have to jack with a battery. If you have electric up there, that's the way to go.
            if you have electricity, you can buy a 110 Volt pump just as easy.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post

Hope this helps.
              How many gallons per minute is your pump.

Comment

I use a deer feeder battery on a RV pump for the water and D cell for the ignition of the Eccotemp.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                  How many gallons per minute is your pump.
                  2.9 Gallons per Minute. 50 PSI. 12 V. 3.5 amps.

I realize the heater runs off propane and D batteries for ignitor. My mistake in not being specific....looking at best (and cost effective) battery to run in line pump to the EccoTemp?

Generator only power at Deer Camp. Would like to be able to run pump/shower even if generator is off.

Thank YOU all. Appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X