No announcement yet.

Turkey Tour 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the owners son with me this morning, had a jake come in and mess with the decoys for about 15 min. After he walked off a nice Tim gobbled and came in strutting. Hung up at 18 yards and wouldn’t come any closer. The kid with me was losing it and took a shot. Hit dirt about 2ft in front of him.

About 9:45 we were driving back to the house and had 3 Toms pushing a lone hen around. About 400 yards away from them was a group of 10 hens and 6 Jakes. We got between them and set up, had one Tom break away and head to us and the Jakes cut him off and blew the whole dang thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
      Had the owners son with me this morning, had a jake come in and mess with the decoys for about 15 min. After he walked off a nice Tim gobbled and came in strutting. Hung up at 18 yards and wouldn’t come any closer. The kid with me was losing it and took a shot. Hit dirt about 2ft in front of him.

About 9:45 we were driving back to the house and had 3 Toms pushing a lone hen around. About 400 yards away from them was a group of 10 hens and 6 Jakes. We got between them and set up, had one Tom break away and head to us and the Jakes cut him off and blew the whole dang thing.

Classic

Comment

Not sure what to do now that these 2 are already out in the field. I really can’t afford to spook em

Comment

fightin' purrs

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
            fightin' purrs

I guess I should have provided more info....that was when I pulled in the gate. I opted to leave em alone this evening

Comment

Called one up for a buddy this evening. Happy to be on the board this year. Gotta get on Tapatalk to get a photo up.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats. Beautiful bird

Comment

It was his first. Think he’s hooked now. Glad to be a part of it.

Comment

PoPo and I are headed out

First sit of the season for us together. Thankful to kick off our 22nd (I think) turkey season!

Comment

Not optimistic about this morning. Didn’t put a single bird to bed last night and it’s blowing out of the north like a SOB.

Comment

Just got to my gate, good luck guys

Comment

Turkey Tour 2020

They’ve been loud since daybreak, pitching off the roost didn’t slow them down any either. Got the wife with me, so with a little luck she’ll get a chance at one
                            Last edited by MASTERS; 03-28-2020, 06:55 AM.

Comment

**** bow hunters. Had a solid bird stay 45-65 yards for a long time. Wouldn’t come any closer. Don’t think he liked buddies new pop up blind here

Comment

It is on this morning boys! Still firing off all around me, had two come in so far within 50

Comment

Working...
                                X