So I Have a Serious Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barrett View Post
    Dang for some reason I couldn't find anything on the "truth" network so I guess these articles are just filler

Abstract This article explores statements made by Dutch Muslims against violent extremism, and explains these statements in the context of the growing pressure exerted on Muslim minorities in Europe to present themselves as peaceful and loyal citizens. It problematises the often-repeated call on Muslims to denounce terrorism, and reveals that Dutch Muslims have condemned violent extremism more often than is commonly acknowledged. However, essentialist statements about Islam as a violent religion often provoke competing essentialisms of Islam as a ‘religion of peace’. In analysing such statements as ‘performative performances’, the author demonstrates how public debate about violent extremism feeds into Muslim perceptions of what Islam ‘really’ is.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/sh...errorism-stats

Oh thanks, it must be true if it’s on the internet. . Keep your head i the sand then Barrett

Let me ask you, Do you believe that Islam is a peaceful “religion”?
    Or rather, just give me your opinion on the subject..?
    Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-23-2019, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
      We have a lot of non-Muslims in Congress that don't like the President, don't support Israel, and don't agree with your assessment of America's past, present and future.

How did this happen? Pretty simple...

Article VI, Clause 3 of the US Constitution

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.
      You do realize that you are way off base with what our forefathers meant by that don't you?? I think you probably do..
      But to be on the safe side I say it's due time for another amendment... Don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        A day of reckoning is coming. Just as in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, the Lord will remove His blessing from this nation what was founded on His principals and laws. It has left its "first Love" and turned to evil. Evil will not go unpunished. If you just read the headlines or watch the daily news, it sounds like the times back when the Lord destroyed these cities... Sin is great in this nation, and I have said for years, when this land as a Nation removes its support of God's people Israel, God will remove His blessing from this Nation... From the horrible statements and evil attitudes displayed by this new incoming congressional body, that is becoming closer and closer to a reality. I pray this nation wakes up, but I fear it will not... History is not in our favor.
        Neither is the book of Revelation.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          You do realize that you are way off base with what our forefathers meant by that don't you?? I think you probably do..

But to be on the safe side I say it's due time for another amendment... Don't you?

There is a lot of interesting history and debate behind Article VI, Clause 3, and to suggest there was a unanimous consensus of intent that’s not reflected in its actual wording is disingenuous at best.

The No Religious Test Clause in Article VI gets essentially no attention today since it’s trumped by the Establishment Clause of the 1st Amendment, and with the 14th Amendment in place to ensure states don’t become their own theocracies, we’re in pretty good shape. Although, there are certainly conservative states who keep trying.

Our secular Constitution is one of the main things that makes this country great.

Comment

[QUOTE=Vermin93;14011550]There is a lot of interesting history and debate behind Article VI, Clause 3, and to suggest there was a unanimous consensus of intent that’s not reflected in its actual wording is disingenuous at best.

The No Religious Test Clause in Article VI gets essentially no attention today since it’s trumped by the Establishment Clause of the 1st Amendment, and with the 14th Amendment in place to ensure states don’t become their own theocracies, we’re in pretty good shape. Although, there are certainly conservative states who keep trying.

Our secular Constitution is one of the main things that makes this country great.

That’s
            an interesting comment, Considering what makes this country great and set apart from others is the Judeo-Christian values it was founded upon. As this country continues to turn from God, you’ll one day see the truth in this statement. I just hope it’s not too late for you or any other nonbeliever.
            Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-23-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

The collective xenophobia and social one-sidedness of the local right wing tribe never ceases to amaze me. It’s the equal and opposite reaction of left wing social justice. I find both sides to be ill-informed and deeply flawed.

I would suggest that there is ample evidence to conclude that taking any of the Abrahamic religions literally is detrimental, nevermind their inconsistencies, historical errancies and unproved claims. I will also readily admit that to any objective person, Islam, as written, should be clearly identified as the worst of the bunch.

Thankfully, most self-proclaimed Christians do not take the Bible literally. However, data indicates that the same is not true for Muslims. A much greater percentage of Muslims claim to take the Koran literally. I see this as a big problem. That said, there are certainly moderate Muslims who do not take the Koran literally, and we need a lot more of them. I worked with some of them in Plano a few years ago and they were good people. One of them was actually my boss at the time. Fortunately, genuine efforts to grow the moderate Muslim community are underway, but I suspect global progress will be slow. The West will need to lead the way on this for obvious reasons.

Rashida Tlaib is a leftist who hates Trump, and in that sense she is not unlike a significant percentage of her political party. But, she has slightly more in common with Islamic fundamentalists as I do with Christian fundamentalists. For crying out loud, the women believes that Allah is a “she”, if Allah even exists. She would be hung at high noon in the much of the Middle East for professing such a non-fundamentalist view of Islam. Tlaib openly acknowledges her belief in the secular government that our Constitution established, which I suspect is more than I can say for some around here.

When the country elects a real Islamic fundamentalist or a Muslim who’s any more extreme than the left wingers in today’s Democrat party, get back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
                I don’t get it. Isn’t curry an Indian food? Indians are typically Hindu, not Muslim.

This. Regardless of the message, whoever created that and put it on Facebook is an idiot. Indian and Thai but never heard of a Muslim curry. What a retard.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                  This. Regardless of the message, whoever created that and put it on Facebook is an idiot. Indian and Thai but never heard of a Muslim curry. What a retard.
                  Lol, true

Comment

So I Have a Serious Question..

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post

Hmm.. But not that I care what they eat..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by PondPopper; 02-23-2019, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      Oh thanks, it must be true if it’s on the internet. . Keep your head i the sand then Barrett

Let me ask you, Do you believe that Islam is a peaceful “religion”?
                      Or rather, just give me your opinion on the subject..?
                      Wait so me easily finding three articles proving that there are Muslims who denounce the extremist heathens means Im the one with my head in the sand.
                      Where do you get your information if the internet is wrong?

I believe that no religion is peaceful. But then again I read stories from the internet that talks about all the scandals in every religion. Hell even Buddhists have set themselves on fire in protest, again not very peaceful. Crusades, not peaceful.

Yes there are sects of Islam that have grown out of control and distorted the views of the religion. And this is scary to me, but I wouldn't lump them all into one category.

Comment

Wait so me easily finding three articles proving that there are Muslims who denounce the extremist heathens means Im the one with my head in the sand.

I believe that no religion is peaceful. But then again I read stories from the internet that talks about all the scandals in every religion. Hell even Buddhists have set themselves on fire in protest, again not very peaceful. Crusades, not peaceful.

Yes there are sects of Islam that have grown out of control and distorted the views of the religion. And this is scary to me, but I wouldn't lump them all into one category.

You’re wrong imo. The cornerstones of the teachings of Jesus Christ is love, grace and mercy.
                        It’s not sects of Islam that have grown out of control and distorted the view of the “religion”. They are following and doing just as instructed in their holy book and by their prophet. Jihad on all infidels ( non believers ). That’s my point - Islam promotes and demands death of all those who do not conform. No other “religion” in the world demands their followers murder those who won’t convert.

Comment

Please dont bring up the crusades...those happened after 400 years of Muslim oppression and murder.

Comment

heck, Im still trying to figure out why we did not cut ties with Saudi Arabia, refuse to let their diplomats leave our shores, drop a precision nuke on them and take over the oil fields that remained???

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              You’re wrong imo. The cornerstones of the teachings of Jesus Christ is love, grace and mercy.
                              It’s not sects of Islam that have grown out of control and distorted the view of the “religion”. They are following and doing just as instructed in their holy book and by their prophet. Jihad on all infidels ( non believers ). That’s my point - Islam promotes and demands death of all those who do not conform. No other “religion” in the world demands their followers murder those who won’t convert.
                              Love, grace and mercy...what are 3 things largely absent from the P/CE forum on most days.

Look, both books preach their fair share of terrible things. New Testament fans have mastered the art of excusing away the portions of the Bible that are nearly impossible to defend in a civilized society. Parts of the Koran, like parts of the Bible, are an unmerciful and immoral train wreck. But the fact is there are Muslims who don't subscribe to killing infidels and apostates just like there are all sorts of Christians who don't subscribe to the worst parts of the Bible. Is the proportion equal between the two? I don't know, but I doubt it's even close, and I absolutely believe that it would be extremely deceitful to argue that fundamentalist Christians in today's world are operating anywhere close to the level of oppression and violence demonstrated by Islamic fundamentalists. Thankfully, the US has come a long way in the last 50 or so years in terms of getting it's own religious fundamentalism under control. The majority of the Islamic world seems to have made little progress in this department, which remains a big problem.

Look, you won't find a bigger proponent than me for being critical of bad religious ideas. I am committed, with my voice, time and checkbook, to keeping religious fundamentalism out of American government and public institutions regardless of which religion is involved. But there's a difference between a religion's ideas and those who identify as following that religion, and it shouldn't take an enlightened person to realize that not all members of a religion subscribe to all the tenets of that religion. You have to look at the individual.

When Rashid Tlaid, Ilhan Omar, Keith Ellison and André Carson start coming after you in the name of Allah, you'll have a good a point.

You are obviously passionate on this subject. I know the perfect cause for you to support to help make a difference:

Ex-Muslims of North America

https://exmuslims.org/
                              Last edited by Vermin93; 02-23-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                Please dont bring up the crusades...those happened after 400 years of Muslim oppression and murder.
                                Not sure I've seen a greater oversimplification, misrepresentation and dismissal of nearly 200 years of religious war and unspeakable violence against civilians.

Your use of the "it wasn't our fault" defense to dismiss the whole thing is priceless.

Comment

Working...
                                X