Who will not vote for Trump in November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowDude View Post
    I will be voting for him if he is the Republican nominee.
    +1

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
      correct...

it's gone from the party of lincoln and the emancipation, to 80-90% of african americans voting for the dems.
      more correctly, it has been the party of the corporations since its onset. that has never changed.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonsdaddy View Post
        more correctly, it has been the party of the corporations since its onset. that has never changed.
        my response was to javi's comment regarding the party changing...

but yes, the pro-corporation stance has become very old to the american people

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
          . The loss of a political party is nothing more than the birth of another..
          Maybe the time has come?

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
            my response was to javi's comment regarding the party changing...

but yes, the pro-corporation stance has become very old to the american people
            I bet being anti-corporation would get old to the American people a lot quicker.

Comment

Assuming the Congress remains Republican, they are not going to allow any president, R or D, to get too far out of line. For example, there is no frickin way that the carrier corporation will be paying 35% import duty on air conditioners made in Mexico. It would require the repeal of the NAFTA treaty and a complete abandonment of long standing republican support for free trade. There are three ways a president can go against the will of the majority in congress: (1) as commander in chief, (2) in nomination of court justices and (3) with executive orders. All three can still be thwarted by congress if the actions are unpopular enough.

If Trump is the nominee, I probably won't vote for president. There are a lot of folks out there with this position. He probably wouldn't get elected. In any case, there would still be a lot of gridlock in Washington (unless Cruz or Rubio or Kasich got elected). Then we start talking about the 2020 elections.

Comment

Evidently someone will vote for him. Plenty have and numbers are up. Democrats may throw quiet a few his way also.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                  Assuming the Congress remains Republican, they are not going to allow any president, R or D, to get too far out of line. For example, there is no frickin way that the carrier corporation will be paying 35% import duty on air conditioners made in Mexico. It would require the repeal of the NAFTA treaty and a complete abandonment of long standing republican support for free trade. There are three ways a president can go against the will of the majority in congress: (1) as commander in chief, (2) in nomination of court justices and (3) with executive orders. All three can still be thwarted by congress if the actions are unpopular enough.

If Trump is the nominee, I probably won't vote for president. There are a lot of folks out there with this position. He probably wouldn't get elected. In any case, there would still be a lot of gridlock in Washington (unless Cruz or Rubio or Kasich got elected). Then we start talking about the 2020 elections.
                  1. NAFTA is a bad joke, it isn't free trade when they put a tariff on our product and we don't reciprocate in kind.

2. Cruz will also result in grid lock..

3. Congress has done almost nothing to stop the current president... why would that change with Hillary as POTUS

Comment

1. NAFTA is a bad joke, it isn't free trade when they put a tariff on our product and we don't reciprocate in kind.

2. Cruz will also result in grid lock..

3. Congress has done almost nothing to stop the current president... why would that change with Hillary as POTUS
                    I'm sorry but your wrong on at least two of these. There are no tariffs either way on trade between Mexico, Canada and the U.S. There are some minor costs associated with import / export to cover paperwork and such but no tariffs.

Congress has blocked Obama on almost everything he has wanted since the Republicans took the majority. Just ask any democrat. They have weakened Obamacare, blocked increases in spending and held the line on most regulations. If Obama had his way, we would have a carbon tax on all consumption of fossil fuel plus additional taxes on all kinds of things. Congress doesn't get much credit for stopping things from getting worse because people expect things to get better but I for one am sure glad they have stopped the train wreck Obama endorses.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                      I'm sorry but your wrong on at least two of these. There are no tariffs either way on trade between Mexico, Canada and the U.S. There are some minor costs associated with import / export to cover paperwork and such but no tariffs.

Congress has blocked Obama on almost everything he has wanted since the Republicans took the majority. Just ask any democrat. They have weakened Obamacare, blocked increases in spending and held the line on most regulations. If Obama had his way, we would have a carbon tax on all consumption of fossil fuel plus additional taxes on all kinds of things. Congress doesn't get much credit for stopping things from getting worse because people expect things to get better but I for one am sure glad they have stopped the train wreck Obama endorses.
                      The no tariff thingy is only if the goods meet a strict criteria and if you have "origin designation" We (the company I work for) ship almost daily to Mexico so I have a pretty good grasp on what is required. We actually manufacture and "value add" to several items which we ship to Mexico..

But I also have friends who live there and they pay heavy taxes to import US goods there for consumption.. The only thing NAFTA did was smooth the way for US companies to move facilities to Mexico..

As for congress impeding Obama's agenda... well on that one we'll just have to disagree... they caved on many things or at best got nothing done at all..
                      Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 03-09-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

The no tariff thingy is only if the goods meet a strict criteria and if you have "origin designation" We (the company I work for) ship almost daily to Mexico so I have a pretty good grasp on what is required. We actually manufacture and "value add" to several items which we ship to Mexico..

But I also have friends who live there and they pay heavy taxes to import US goods there for consumption.. The only thing NAFTA did was smooth the way for US companies to move facilities to Mexico..

As for congress impeding Obama's agenda... well on that one we'll just have to disagree... they caved on many things or at best got nothing done at all..
                        While you often say things I am thinking...I havent been with you on the political threads. I do enjoy reading your opinions though as they are generally thought out.

Now that said, I think you are missing something here. One of Trumps main lines is that he will impose more tarrifs. Government involvement in free trade has proven a disaster in every case I can think of. Ill support trump if he gets the nod. Cruz would certainly be my first choice. Noone else even makes the top page to me..

Comment

IMO if anyone sits out or votes 3rd party or write in at this election is a fool and contributing to the further decline. This election isn't just about the next 4 years, but rather easily an entire generation. There will be at least one and up to 3 Supreme court nominees put forward and seated by the next President.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            While you often say things I am thinking...I haven't been with you on the political threads. I do enjoy reading your opinions though as they are generally thought out.

Now that said, I think you are missing something here. One of Trumps main lines is that he will impose more tariffs. Government involvement in free trade has proven a disaster in every case I can think of. Ill support trump if he gets the nod. Cruz would certainly be my first choice. No one else even makes the top page to me..
                            Often the threat of a tariff is even more effective than the actual tariff...

In a true free trade system, goods flow back and forth without tax or tariff...

That isn't what we have now... The U.S. is sucking hind-teat in trade...

Comment

Often the threat of a tariff is even more effective than the actual tariff...

In a true free trade system, goods flow back and forth without tax or tariff...

That isn't what we have now... The U.S. is sucking hind-teat in trade...
                              Not to mention China abuses the heck out of NAFTA. One of their biggest scams is to export goods to the US "on their way to Mexico or Canada" that stay and are sold in the US. Or they import from China and before CBP comes by to inspect the goods in the bonded warehouse Hecho en Mexico stickers appear on all the goods and bam, China is part of NAFTA. This practice is rampant, we used to see it all the time.

Comment

This was a funny read. Blast from the past. Some of you got it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X