X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Humper View Post
    That's not using a broad brush, thats engaging an Aerial Sprayer

Coffee must be extra strong this morning
    2 year old with an ear ache... I was up all night and haven't had coffee yet.

I will be nicer in an hour... Or tomorrow.

Comment

You guys are just too funny. If they were offering directional signs for anything else you would be all up in arms about your tax money being used for frivolous things. But, since it's guns it's a huge slap in the face. Aren't gun shows private venues making money? Let them buy their own signs. I am personally happy TxDot is getting out of it.

Now, I think the reasoning is flawed, but the end result is that our tax money will not go to fund signing for a private venue. So, good for them.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
        2 year old with an ear ache... I was up all night and haven't had coffee yet.

I will be nicer in an hour... Or tomorrow.
        Now that explains it!

Hope the little one feels better soon. Ear aches at that age suck for the whole family!

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
          You guys are just too funny. If they were offering directional signs for anything else you would be all up in arms about your tax money being used for frivolous things. But, since it's guns it's a huge slap in the face. Aren't gun shows private venues making money? Let them buy their own signs. I am personally happy TxDot is getting out of it.

Now, I think the reasoning is flawed, but the end result is that our tax money will not go to fund signing for a private venue. So, good for them.

Todd
          They do offer directional info for other things. Texans games, Astros games, Houston Boat Show, the big Home and Garden show, concerts, etc...

Comment

As long as they would have done the same for the bridal extravaganza. But heard on the news this morning they will not remove this from the info boards as earlier stated.

Comment

The argument should be that they should stop funding signs for any private venue but require by law that any venue above a certain size provide their own signs.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Pride View Post
                Harris county voted blue in the election. That should say something about the direction Texas is going. I hope I am not alive to see the day Texas votes blue in an election. But we are getting closer.

This map is from another site.
                If the votes for a state were by the number of counties a president won then republicans win hands down every election across EVERY state!

Comment

Give each county one electoral vote!

Comment

The argument should be that they should stop funding signs for any private venue but require by law that any venue above a certain size provide their own signs.

Todd
                    It really shouldn't be an argument at all. They aren't advertising for a private event, they are there to help the flow of traffic. Major events bring in a lot of out of town traffic and if these things help people get out of my way then I'm all for them.

Comment

Todd
                      They also use the signs for the quilting convention, monster truck races, oil and gas conferences, sporting events....it's what they were designed and passed in to law to do. Provide traffic direction for events and everyday commutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                        Yup dumb liberals in Dallas, Houston, and Austin.... Big city

Then illegals and there spawn along the border... illegal immigrants.

Both are ruining what this great country stands for. You will never here a country boy or girl say the dumb crap that libs spout... The big city people want "displaced citizens" and compromise.... Just look at the locations of the people here on tbh that you don't see eye to eye with. Weekend warriors with a 4 wheeler, a rifle, and a bow. Bringing their sensibilities to the woods. Yuppies.
                        Better watch that a little. You sure are painting with a broad brush. There are a lot of people on here that live in Dallas, Houston and Austin that drive out to hunt on the weekends. You know, because these cities tend to have jobs for a lot of people.

As for the Txdot signs, it's just stupid. They use the signs for directions to many public events; i.e. football, rodeo, boatshow, concerts, etc. Perhaps, they could just not use them for any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex21 View Post
                          If the votes for a state were by the number of counties a president won then republicans win hands down every election across EVERY state!
                          How fair would that be? The republicans win all the rural counties where nobody lives. Coleman County is going to vote red because there are a few thousand conservatives living there and it is not diverse. Why should that county have the same voting power as Dallas county with 2 million people living there?

There should be no electoral vote. There should only be a popular vote. That way every vote matters. Its pointless to vote for the democrats in Texas with the electoral vote, because it will never win.

Comment

Signs are there for traffic routing, whether it is an accident ahead or lane closure or a big event that will snarl traffic pretty quick. They are very helpful in the Houston area.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Pride View Post
                              Harris county voted blue in the election. That should say something about the direction Texas is going. I hope I am not alive to see the day Texas votes blue in an election. But we are getting closer.

This map is from another site.
                              Guess you don't remember when Texas used to vote Democrat then.

Comment

wonder if they overturned in San Antonio. New ran a story last night about TxDot NOT running signs for gun shows, but it didn't say anything about it just being in Houston and a local removal and that TxDot overturned it.

If you've ever tried to go to one of the events at these locations, you appreciate the signs...and I've seen them for bridal extravangzas too!

Comment

Working...
                                X