No announcement yet.

Where The Red Fern Grows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great movie and kid friendly. Have it on VHS in a box somewhere. Me and the kids watched it often when they were young. Wishin I had a VHS player!

Comment

One of my favorite books and great movie

Comment

Best coonhound duo to ever exist!

Comment

True classic for sure!

Comment

Nice. My 6th grader read the book last year, and we finally got around to watching the movie movie with both boys over Christmas break. They loved it. Coach

Comment

I told caston the story over 3-4 nights and told him we could watch the movie. He wanted to see what old dan and little Ann looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                That book and movie means a lot to me. I grew up in NE Oklahoma and spent many days of my childhood camping, fishing and just wandering around the area where it takes place - what they call the Cookson Hills

Yes sir. I’m moving back up there in March. Buying a house and some land on the northwest side of Tahlequah. I grew up around that area as well. Love it up there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not a reader and I have read very few books entirely. This is the only book I have read multiple times. Definitely my favorite!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Jennifer read that book to the girls when they were little, before they could read. Jen had never read it and wasn't familiar with it. I had to finish it because Jen was a blubbering mess, sobbing and sniffling, upsetting the kids, etc. She was a emotional train wreck.
                    Hilarious! My 4th grade teacher read it to us and had the whole class blubbering. It's a great book, we read it to our kids when they were little and then took them to the Ozarks to see the setting.

Comment

I haven't read it or watched it in a very long time, but I get misty eyed anytime I think about it (including now).

I have a feeling that if I were to read it or watch it again, it would take forever due to the kleenex breaks...

Comment

I can't tell you the last time I have read it. I have read it dozens of times though. The movie was on Netflix for a long time, it might be on there now, prime or hulu. I am pretty sure I saw it on there not long ago. It's a great book and good movie too.

Comment

Great movie !!

Comment

Great movie, better book!!

Comment

Old Dan and little Ann !!! Greatest book ever

Comment

My brother and I use the quote "There's your Mountain Lion" all the time! Anytime one of us is making fun of the other, one of us will sound off "There's your Mountain Lion"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X