Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you (non-LEOs) have dashcams in your vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you (non-LEOs) have dashcams in your vehicle?

If so...

1. Why did you put one in your car?

2. What kind did you get?

Been thinking about putting one in my truck for a while now. I'm anxious to see the responses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've thought about it only because I do a lot of traveling and see some funny stuff on the road

Comment

I've got one, use it when doing surveillance and stuff. I really need to use it all the time, because I've missed some cool stuff along the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
          I've got one, use it when doing surveillance and stuff. I really need to use it all the time, because I've missed some cool stuff along the highway.
          A LEO buddy of mine says he has seen things that still don't have an explanation. He didn't get them on dash cam.

There was one interesting sighting I had and unfortunately didn't have a reliable, clear method to record it. Still am unsure just exactly what I saw.

Comment

I'm debating getting one. Too many liars and scumbags out there. When someone hits me I don't want it to be my word against theirs.

Do they record just forward? How long can they record? And can they record while the car is off?

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
              Been thinking about putting one in my truck for a while now. I'm anxious to see the responses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same here. Been thinking of slapping my GoPro on the dash...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a new Toyota Tacoma and the factory windshield comes standard with a forward facing GoPro mount. Have thought about putting mine up when driving through the mountains... you know.. in case I see a black panther cross the road, I can post the story/vid on here have have folks nay-say it

Comment

We have 3. One in the delivery truck and one in each of our cars. Have not caught any thing cool yet. They record out the windshield and the driver and drivers window. Sound and video.
                  I call them argument stoppers. A month back the SIL got hit by a lady that swerved into her lane. The cop took one look and gave the lady the ticket. She decided to fight it and my SIL lost a day of work last week going to court to testify. The dash cam would of ended the argument.
                  We have these, and I am ordering one for the SIL this morning.

Comment

[QUOTE=RiverRat1;12575353]I'm debating getting one. Too many liars and scumbags out there. When someone hits me I don't want it to be my word against theirs.

Do they record just forward? How long can they record? And can they record while the car is off?[/QUOTE]

No they record the driver and his window also. They go forever. I try to pull the cards every 4 months to delete them. Ours turn off when the car is off. Guess you could rig it to keep running..........

Comment

I'm tuned in as well. I have had a couple of instances of maniacs on the road, one time so bad that I called the police. Police came and well... not a **** thing happened other than the LEO basically dismissed the whole thing and told me to be on my way after bowing up on me for questioning his investigation, or lack thereof (with the highest level of politeness).

If I had a tape of the ***hole nearly causing a collision on I-35 at 70 mph by driving recklessly (to put it mildly), maybe things would have been different.

Comment

We have them on all the vehicles. If we would have had it on the signs car at the time of his wreck it would have saves a lot of time and money. They catch all kinds of things happening on the road around you.

Comment

Originally posted by BaconIsMyFriend View Post
                          A LEO buddy of mine says he has seen things that still don't have an explanation. He didn't get them on dash cam.

There was one interesting sighting I had and unfortunately didn't have a reliable, clear method to record it. Still am unsure just exactly what I saw.
                          Was it a black panther? Go ahead and say it. Nobody is going to question it.

Comment

Dash Cam

Originally posted by BaconIsMyFriend View Post

Two of my best, when I was an officer: 1) completed a traffic stop on the highway and was talking to two other officers. Saw a car take the exit at a high rate of speed and I told them, that guy is going to run the red light. He did and T-Boned a car. 2) The other was a fire call and caught a car explode, shooting flames and parts everywhere.

Oh, I guess there was one other LoL. A police chase where the lady opened the car at about 50-mph and she jumped out of the driver's side and rolled across the highway. Didn't kill her.....

Comment

You can see it is a split screen video. If you are being a jerk it will catch you.
                              The bracket is not great with Texas heat and 2 rubber bands fix the problem.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X