Mounting a UNV MDVR I need some ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting a UNV MDVR I need some ideas

I ordered a Photon 6.5 and a Ultimate Night Vision mdvr from legacy outdoors. I'm not liking the idea of mounting the dvr on the butt stock. I would much rather put it on a rail. Anyone have any ideas on mounts?

Thats an issue I have been working on myself for the ones Im bringing in. I have seen some glued to a picatinny mount but dont like the idea too much. I may have to machine a mount with some way to hold it but would rather not......

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      Thats an issue I have been working on myself for the ones Im bringing in. I have seen some glued to a picatinny mount but dont like the idea too much. I may have to machine a mount with some way to hold it but would rather not......
      If you come up with something please let me know. I'll share anything I come up with.

Comment

Will do. I have been mounting mine on the stock and have broken one borrowed mdvr and broke the plug on my mdvr a couple of weekends ago. I thought about an L shaped plug but thats just a bandaid to the real issue

Comment

Attached mine to a 3 rail QD mount. Wrapped the with an old coozie only displaying the power button (I wanted to eliminate all lite). The sides were exposed to allow access to cable and card. I then zip stripped recorder to QD mount. Kept it on rail right next to plug in for NV. I also cut and soldered cable down to about 3/4" length. Remove all excess.
          Last edited by Zen Archery; 03-03-2016, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
            Attached mine to a 3 rail QD mount. Wrapped the with an old coozie only displaying the power button (I wanted to eliminate all lite). The sides were exposed to allow access to cable and card. I then zip stripped recorder to QD mount. Kept it on rail right next to plug in for NV. I also cut and soldered cable down to about 3/4" length. Remove all excess.
            Nice. I made a couple of cables for mine. The stock one is waayyyyy too long.

Comment

What's the dims? Could adapt a ram mount x grip to a picatinny rail mount.

Comment

Originally posted by skelso View Post
                What's the dims? Could adapt a ram mount x grip to a picatinny rail mount.
                Not sure what that is.

Comment

RAM® Mounts is the industry leader in rugged motorcycle and car phone mounts, rugged tablet mounts for trucks, forklift mounts, and more. Find the perfect device mount for your car, truck, motorcycle, plane, forklift, snowmobile & many more.

It's a phone mount but I have cut the ball and socket off and adapted them for other uses.

Comment

I like the pouch that comes with em. Last night I just drilled and tapped a qd mount and screwed an aluminum plate to it to attach the velcro to. Not great but not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      I like the pouch that comes with em. Last night I just drilled and tapped a qd mount and screwed an aluminum plate to it to attach the velcro to. Not great but not too bad.
                      That was kind of what I'm planning on doing. I haven't found a qd mount that I could use.

Comment

Up

Comment

I ordered this cell phone mount. Worked but I returned it.

I ordered this one tonight. Going to replacethe suction cups with velcro. Ordered a two slot riser in order to mount it on the rail that is on the scope. Will update next weekend when I get it all mounted.

Comment

I got the second cell phone holder in and got it mounted [link above]. I think this will work. I removed the suction cups and stuck some velcro on the surface. I did have to order a picitanny riser in order to use the rail on the side of the scope.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459044159557.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	24437219

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459044177968.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	24437220

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1459044221850.jpg