Stock market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
    I predict the market drops another 10% or more before it begins to recover - hope I am wrong
    Happy I was wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
      Wish I would have had more cash on hand last Friday....dang it
      I bought a couple things Thursday (both of which got even lower Friday), as well as another Friday afternoon. All were up well above my buy-in prices by the end of today. Of course, that's just a paper gain for now, but I do feel they were decent plays. Some really good stocks got caught in the downdraft. Thanks for the sale, China.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I might have called this one.

Comment

Hopefully not a dead cat bounce today.

Comment

Originally posted by wthunter View Post
            I bought a couple things Thursday (both of which got even lower Friday), as well as another Friday afternoon. All were up well above my buy-in prices by the end of today. Of course, that's just a paper gain for now, but I do feel they were decent plays. Some really good stocks got caught in the downdraft. Thanks for the sale, China.
            No kidding, China knocked a lot of good stocks down. I bought as much Apple as I could. Liquidated some stuff Friday so I could buy more things this week and the market bounced back already lol. There are still some good buys out there, but not sure what I’m buying next. I’m looking at Disney, Wynn, Exxon possibly, Tesla, etc

Comment

I looked over the weekend as to which stock I wanted to get into. Apple was at the top of my list, but it was already up 3% in PM and never looked back. I was hoping for a dip to buy into, but it never happened.

Glad the market rebounded and hope it is a sign of more positive days.

Comment

I might have called this one.
                But did you put big money on it?

Comment

I bought FIS, APD, C, DIS, CMCSA and NOC today. If there is another bounce tomorrow I may be done. If it falls again, I have others Im targeting.

Comment

I’m not sure we’ve hit rock bottom. The market reacted today to the thought of rate decreases across the globe. Those will come with the weakening global economies, surely, but this virus (or fear) is just getting warmed up. As cases multiply quickly in the US the real fear will begin and the markets will then again react.

I don’t think we will see solid gains again until the virus is done spreading and/or a vaccine is available. I think we are a few months out from that. In the meantime, fear will set in here in the U.S, travel and vacations will be put on hold, and schools/employers will begin to keep everyone home. The effects will have substantial impacts to productivity.

Just my $0.02.
                    Last edited by HoustonHunter; 03-02-2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                      I’m not sure we’ve hit rock bottom. The market reacted today to the thought of rate decreases across the globe. Those will come with the weakening global economies, surely, but this virus (or fear) is just getting warmed up. As cases multiply quickly in the US the real fear will begin and the markets will then again react.

I don’t think we will see solid gains again until the virus is done spreading and/or a vaccine is available. I think we are a few months out from that.

Just my $0.02.

Where do you see the Dow next march with trump in 4 more years?

Comment

Where do you see the Dow next march with trump in 4 more years?
                        I’m no fortune teller, but assuming they eventually get this under control (as China seems to be), I think we will have a strong turnaround.

If we get this figured out quickly I’d say DJ will be north of 30,000 in a year under Trump.

I just don’t think we’ve seen bottom, yet, that’s all.

Comment

I think we are on the same page. I'm not as worried about production . China is grinding down and a lot of companies are realizing the actual risk of putting their eggs in that basket. Many plants will go to India and Mexico besides the chunk coming back to the US. This can make America stronger a year from now and the markets should follow.

Comment

Playin with Fire right now - might as well go to Vegas

Comment

Been retired for 8 years. Not worried about a dip. Like others have said, lost 40 - 50% 11 or 12 years ago. Always come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                                Playin with Fire right now - might as well go to Vegas
                                Unlike Vegas you dont lose unless you sell in a tight spot. I havent lost anything but my portfolio isnt as valuable as it was a few weeks ago. I still own the same amount of shares in the same companies. Im buying all the way down....it will bottom out at some point and come roaring back. Look at how the market did even under Obummer's stranglehold policies. There are a lot of great companies to buy that will still be around and strong after all of this plays out. Pick a few while they are on sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X