No announcement yet.

LRGV NWR - Teniente (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully we get some cold weather. I was driving to the ranch yesterday and ran across a 5 ft rattle snake. Too bad I missed it when I tried to run it over. They’re out there!

Comment

I got drawn for the nilgai hunt last weekend of February on east lake. Any pointers would be appreciated! Anyone else in here going that weekend?

Comment

I had success at east lake last year and my post above has what I did. As far as the pop blind discussion I'll say that all I did was bring a chair and tucked into the brush and was never busted. Good luck, it's an awesome hunt

Comment

Anyone know what the deer hunting is like at LRGV? Decent deer number? Everyone talks about the Nilgai but I’d be thrilled witha public land whitetail too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
            Anyone know what the deer hunting is like at LRGV? Decent deer number? Everyone talks about the Nilgai but I’d be thrilled witha public land whitetail too.

I'd say there are a good number of whitetail there. I killed one last year plus saw quite few more while moving around.

Comment

Are the trees big enough to hang from a tree saddle at ground height? My sit drag is a lot more comfy than a stool. I'll be there for 1/2-1/5

Comment

If I had any room at my house I would let y’all stay here instead of paying for a hotel, I’m about 30 minutes south of Raymondville.

Comment

Starting to look like we may be in for some warm and wet weather for next week’s hunt.

Comment

There are trees there big enough but may not be in the spot you would like to hunt. Most of the trees at Teniente are small

Comment

Anyone know if you're supposed to wear hunter orange if you're on the refuges scouting before the hunt? I assume you don't but wanted to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                        Are the trees big enough to hang from a tree saddle at ground height? My sit drag is a lot more comfy than a stool. I'll be there for 1/2-1/5
                        Majority of teniente is fairly new growth so not a lot of big trees to try and hang stuff on.

Comment

Nilgai have been on the move! Been seeing quite a few cows lately

Comment

I'm heading out to Teniente right now. Hopefully we will have some luck this week. Anyone else headed out there?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was there early today. Put in about 6 miles hiking before lunch trying to find a few good spots. Saw 2 other trucks out there this morning and one guy in a car taking pics of birds. Saw one Nilgai cow and a few wt does. I’ll be headed back this afternoon to check on some more areas.

Comment

Good luck. Got hotel booked today for December 4th-8th Hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X