DIY flats skiff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I'm down like 4 flats homie. Hell, I'll bring the flattop and cook!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I’m there!

Comment

Y’all are awesome and made my morning!

I couldn’t sleep last night so I went to the shop, did a final fairing, and got her in temporary white skin! The primer did bring out a couple spots that required attention and I have already sanded them out. Around lunchtime I will get a second of 3-4 coats on. Am still having trouble uploading pictures so bare with me.

Michael

Comment

I got to thinking yesterday about how quick the build is going. I’m not in a rush and am taking my time but just a little over two months ago it was nothing more than a stack of plywood, a roll of fiberglass, and a few gallons of resin!

After she is wearing paint and it has cured we will flip her onto the trailer and start on the inside.

Michael

Comment

Getting closer every day! Can’t wait to see the finished boat!

Comment

Are your pic issues with Tapatalk?

Mine will fail on first attempt, I'll have to delete and try again and it loads

Comment

I'm assuming POC? I'd love to see the maiden voyage! We could christen it properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
                I'm assuming POC? I'd love to see the maiden voyage! We could christen it properly.

I am building her at home in Bryan/College Station and when complete, yes, she will travel down to Seadrift/Port O’Connor for the official maiden voyage.

Michael

Comment

Burning the midnight oil making progress. Apologies for the delay I was on the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just noticed this thread and flew through from the beginning. Wow. Excellent work. Will be following to the finish line.

(BTW, that picture "fail" message has been occurring lately on Tapatalk, but just delete and resend and it works, as Quakerbox stated above.)

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      Are your pic issues with Tapatalk?

Mine will fail on first attempt, I'll have to delete and try again and it loads

I met their limit on uploading pictures for the month.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                        Burning the midnight oil making progress. Apologies for the delay I was on the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you sir and I sure wish I could have been on the water this morning too!

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                          I met their limit on uploading pictures for the month.

Michael
                          Ha!!

I didnt know that was a thing

Comment

I remember ToothDoc once met the total limit for pics. He had to go back and delete a bunch one time, so he could keep doing his live hunt reports. He was the only one who ever met the maximum limit on TBH, till his death. I was so looking forward to his hunt that day he passed. As he was headed for the ranch as soon as he left work for an axis hunt. Got ready to leave and never made it out of the office.

Take your time Michael. We all have some. It's what you do with it that matters.

Comment

Unfortunately there is not going to be an update this week. Between having to work in the control center and just blocking and cleaning everything up before its final primer coat then paint! As soon as I have something worthy of sharing I will post it up.

Michael

Comment

Thanks for all the pictures and write-up. This is a great follow along!

Comment

Working...
                                X