Flank steaks/ Pinwheel steaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flank steaks/ Pinwheel steaks

I had these flank steaks tenderized so I could roll them into Pinwheel steaks. They are sometimes called London broil steaks also. Some people roll up spinach and different cheeses in the steaks but I like mine plain with bacon wrapped on the out side. The cost was about 28.00 which make them about 3.50 each. I haven`t had these since I had my own meat market. I will be putting these in the freezer till next weekend. Enjoy !!

They look great! What seasoning or marinade do you use on them?

Comment

Originally posted by The Cornstar View Post
      They look great! What seasoning or marinade do you use on them?
      I wrap a slice of bacon around each steak and use salt, black pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire. I usually cook the bacon about 1/3 of the way before wrapping or it may not be done in time. If you cook long enough for the bacon to be done enough the steaks may be over done.

Comment

Those look good. I assume they need to be cooked beyond med-rare since they are rolled up like that, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
          Those look good. I assume they need to be cooked beyond med-rare since they are rolled up like that, right?
          I haven`t made these in over 15 years so I can`t really remember how I cooked them last. I plan on cooking them till they are about medium since my wife will not eat them any other way. I am thinking about taking bacon grease and cover the top of each steak with 1 Tbsp. That should slowly cook down into the steaks giving them a good flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
            I wrap a slice of bacon around each steak and use salt, black pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire. I usually cook the bacon about 1/3 of the way before wrapping or it may not be done in time. If you cook long enough for the bacon to be done enough the steaks may be over done.
            I’m going to have to try that! I’ve never thought about wrapping them in bacon

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
              I haven`t made these in over 15 years so I can`t really remember how I cooked them last. I plan on cooking them till they are about medium since my wife will not eat them any other way. I am thinking about taking bacon grease and cover the top of each steak with 1 Tbsp. That should slowly cook down into the steaks giving them a good flavor.
              Definitely sounds tasty

Comment

Here is the finished product. They were very tender and tasted great.

Comment

Working...
                X