TPWD Draw Hunts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Draw Hunts?

How many of you actively put in yearly for the draw hunts? This will be my first year applying once registration opens.
    What are some of your experiences from applying all the way through the end of the hunt? Hopefully, i can get drawn for one or more and maybe see some of you in the field. Probably going to spend a small fortune just in application fees[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tagged. This will be my first year to apply also since I probably won’t be on a lease.

Comment

It's nothing more than a lottery with long odds for some mediocre hunts. The good hunts have terrible odds now that TPWD has put the process online and allowed everyone to apply for as many hunts as they want.

Comment

This will be my third year to submit...hope to draw by year 15!

Comment

Yeah, good luck drawing anytime soon.

I've applied for a bunch of hunts for 7 years now. I've only drawn once.

Comment

when can you apply for them?

Comment

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post

TPWD website says summer ‘18 they will be posted. So any time now.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
                First part of July typically

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                  Yeah, good luck drawing anytime soon.

I've applied for a bunch of hunts for 7 years now. I've only drawn once.

A gentleman here from work applied for the first time last season and got picked for James Daughtry rifle hunt a d was successful in taking home some meat.

Comment

Have 19 preference points in the rifle buck category without drawing a hunt. We have drawn some decent archery hunts but not since they changed the rules for entering. Haven't drawn a hunt since.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I've put in for 7-8 years. Drew rifle exotic at Devils river w/ 3-4 points and drew gator at JD Murphree last year but hunt was cancelled due to aftermath of Harvey.

Odds of getting drawn are minimal at best, and really the system could use a revamp, but I still enjoy the opportunity to put in for the hunts. Preferred the old paper system for some reason.

Comment

Great news. I have put in for the last 15 years or so. I have been drawn 5 or 6 times. Actually been drawn every year for the past 3.

I have a co-worker who drew on 3 hunts this year and another that drew 4. Last year one of those drew 7

Comment

If you just want to hunt something there are decent odds on a lot of the antlerless hunts. If you put in for those you will greatly increase your odds of getting drawn.

Comment

I put in for multiple every year, I’ve drawn 1 in 9. I’ll still put in because it gives the chance at places I’ll never get to hunt otherwise

Comment

Working...
                              X