Boat Guys - Pricing Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat Guys - Pricing Help

It's true, boat partners never work. I am in partners with a guy on a 2015 19ft 62" wide Baotright with a Evinrude 135 HO. Boat and motor still have warranty and very low hours. Boat is ready to fish and fully loaded. Power pole, troll motor, GPS, LED's, sound bar etc. My boat partner just bought a place in POC and wants the boat to live there. That doesn't work for me so we are splitting ways.

What is a fair price for the boat?

I would never split a boat with anyone, friends or family! I can think of alot of potential problems! Good luck with this!

Comment

Should of simply just asked if anyone knows the value. Thread fixin to fill up with hand slappin instead of what you are looking for. Never heard of the boat so sorry I cant help or I would. I've bought a different boat almost every year for the past 9yrs or so. IMO get pics and start a new thread. Good luck

Comment

Call Glen and ask him what a new one rigged just like that one will cost and go from there.

Did y’all pay cash for the boat or is it financed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Call Glen and ask him what a new one rigged just like that one will cost and go from there.

Did y’all pay cash for the boat or is it financed?

This is best and ask Glenn what he thinks it's worth. I just sold a boat and the builder told me exactly what he thought it was worth.

I've also gone to a dealership and asked what they would give on a trade.

Comment

That's not going to be an easy one to value. They hold their value well but you can't just go to NADA to look them up. I would start with the price of a new one and any used comps you can find (if any). Be prepared to make him an offer that if he doesn't want to buy it for that much you would or vise versa if you are trying to buy him out. If you don't want to pay that much to buy out his half then he should be prepared to buy out your half for the same amount.

Comment

My brother has that same boat and last time he talked to Glenn rigged out it’s around the $45k mark.

Comment

In addition to calling Glenn look up what others are selling the boat for used in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
                  It's true, boat partners never work. I am in partners with a guy on a 2015 19ft 62" wide Baotright with a Evinrude 135 HO. Boat and motor still have warranty and very low hours. Boat is ready to fish and fully loaded. Power pole, troll motor, GPS, LED's, sound bar etc. My boat partner just bought a place in POC and wants the boat to live there. That doesn't work for me so we are splitting ways.

What is a fair price for the boat?
                  Just split what yall have in it. Add what was added & divide down the middle less a couple years of depreciation.

Comment

From past experience, first hurdle is deciding what y’all are going to do, as in who’s buying who out or if y’all are going to sell it to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      My brother has that same boat and last time he talked to Glenn rigged out it’s around the $45k mark.

Im seeing them used for more than that or half the money. Im not sure how guys price those hulls

Comment

Thanks for the advice to call Glenn. I didn't think about that, but that is perfect.

The boat partner comments is exactly why I am not considering it again. We had zero issues in the partnership, and I'm 99% sure there won't be any issues with the divorce. He has already thrown out $15K for his half which I thought sounded really fair. We originally paid $40K and put some add-ons since then. My real decision is if I can justify all the fixed cost of sole boat ownership or if I'd be better off just paying for 5 or 6 guided trips. I like the idea of guided trips, but I hate it when the conditions are perfect on a weekend, and I have the time to go but don't have a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Im seeing them used for more than that or half the money. Im not sure how guys price those hulls
                          Our hull was $30K new. From what I know and see, these are dang near lifetime hulls.

Comment

easiest way out is to sell and split it if any leftover or debt,
                            then move on

Comment

If you can't agree on a price just sell the dang thing and split the money. Then he can go off and buy whatever he wants from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X