Isle of Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isle of Man

Y’all watching this? Never watched this race until this year. Love the staging style like the Tour de France. Motorcycles with sidecars at 120mph, single bikes at 180+. Just a ****** race format and intense competition not so much with side by side competition but with each turn a tenth of a second matters. Engine fail at the worst possible moment. It’s endurance and sprinting speed and just a crazy awesome event Check it out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s definitely interesting!!

Comment

Tuned in. I love the peaks in the road and watching them catch air at a 150 mph.

Comment

I believe someone was killed during the racing this year.
        Reminds me of the reasons why I didn't renew my motorcycle endorsements! Crazy.

Comment

Always intense racing on the isle.

Comment

Im pretty sure someone dies almost EVERY year at that race...those people are INSANE!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I think there have been 256 killed in the race. This is a course that if you crash you die!

Comment

2 KIA this year.

I'd love to go to the IOM for the TT one year. It is amazing just watching the videos on YouTube. Those guys have nerves of steel.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                  There is loss of Life every year at the Isle. We have lost some great people there that were giving it there all. Makes me miss Motorcycle Roadracing.

There have been over 270 recorded competitor deaths in the Isle of Man since 1910 in official races or practices since its inaugural race in 1907.
                  Recent history shows that two competitors have perished so far this year, adding to three in 2017 and five in 2016.

Comment

I have been watching it for quite some time now. Very exciting and yes these guys have &@!!$ that should be delivered in a dump truck. Watching last night with my 6 year old grandson. All he kept saying was "whats tripping me out is how fast they make the turns". Good stuff to watch.

Comment

I won't miss it...most exciting motor sports event you can tune into.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                        I'd love to go to the IOM for the TT one year.
                        I was thinking the same thing. I plan to see what's involved...flights...lodging.

Comment

It is awesomeness! !!! "Clean up on 'isle' three!" (Pun intended) (-;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                            Usually lose a couple drivers every year, its the most dangerous race in the world, totally forgot it was last weekend.

Comment

check out the documentary "ROAD" on Netflix

Comment

Working...
                              X