No announcement yet.

Fort Hood 2006, hows the hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ft Hod has some nice things but also has alot of bad things, gun hunters run the place and if your not in the good o'l boy club you get the shaft. I had patterend a big buck and then the area I was in went to the gun side and was closed off to bows. That was not the information that I was told and ws mad!!!! Also the units that are training mess up your hunts too. Not to mention I had a ladder stand stolen and I know for sure it was a guide, his didnt like a bowhunter taking his deer, if I ever run into him I wil give hima piece of my mind!!!
    Last edited by DJR; 03-03-2007, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I hear ya about the gun hunters ruling the roost,I guess one of us TBHer's is gonna have to win the Ft Hood Big Buck contest!!Course then they'll probably make it all gun only!!

DJ

Comment

Fort Hood hunting

Any you local guys want to show me some good spots I am ready. The only time I did go it was north fort and someone destroyed my feeder. BUMMER. I have hunted on Fort Hood as the guided hunts in the 70's I know it is different now. Just hate to do work and have some low life tear it up. well if anyone is willing please e-mail me at litespd55@aol.com. Willing to work to make it a good hunt. OH yes I live and work in Killeen from here.

Comment

Any you local guys want to show me some good spots I am ready.
          Yeah, let me give you all my GPS coordinates after years of hard work scouting.

Comment

Here, you can have my map. All my spots are highlighted and color coded for you. It is laminated so the rain doesnt hurt it. How 'bout some whine to go with that cheese there? Anything else when can do for ya sir?

Comment

USMCGRUNT1967,a friend and I will be doing some scouting this summer on post.If you want to join us(if you don't mind hanging out with a couple of Army guys) just shoot me a PM.We both live in Kempner.

DJ

Comment

Can someone tell me about the area that is just outside of gatesville hwy 36 and then 28th street or the Turnover creek rd. That area thats on the Leon river, I scouted a 200 ac place. I didnt see a lot of sign there. The land owner said there were not a lot of deer there I could not understand why ? Any info would help a brother out here. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DJR View Post
                  Ft Hod has some nice things but also has alot of bad things, gun hunters run the place and if your not in the good o'l boy club you get the shaft. I had patterend a big buck and then the area I was in went to the gun side and was closed off to bows. That was not the information that I was told and ws mad!!!! Also the units that are training mess up your hunts too. Not to mention I had a ladder stand stolen and I know for sure it was a guide, his didnt like a bowhunter taking his deer, if I ever run into him I wil give hima piece of my mind!!!
                  I'm an avid bowhunter on Fort Hood and also a deer guide for the rifle season in one of the live fire areas as well. There are several areas on Hood that are archery only and I would suggest you scout one of them if you have a problem with the rifle season. Also, rifle season is only on the wekends at Hood so the areas are open during the week. And a quick note, it could have been anyone that stole your stand, not neccessarily a deer guide!

Comment

Probably should start a new thread but wondering if lake belton is still flooded.

Comment

Should be a good year on fort hood have been seeing a lot of big deer.thats if the areas are open most of them have been closed for the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                      X