Hunting with Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting with Dad

Haven’t hunted in the same stand with my father since I was 11 or 12. He’s staying at my home finishing out the season with me this year and I wanted us to sit together... holy smokes! Lol I feel like I’m living one of those episodes of Jim Shockey hunting with his father. This guy is worse than a toddler! Talking loud, can’t sit still and wants to eat nutter butters with the loud crinkly wrapper. No wonder this guys rarely sees deer when he hunts. But, I’m loving every stinking minute of it and wouldn’t trade this time for anything!

My dad and I have been on the same lease for the last 10 years together. Occasionally we sit together and each time we do it reminds me of being a kid. Except now it’s me telling him not to kick the stand or drop the binoculars. Like you I cherish it and really enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wish I could spend another day with my dad. Have fun and enjoy!
      Good Luck !

Comment

lol that's funny

Comment

I got to sit with my dad and daughter this year and she was able to knock down a dandy. It was awesome. I don’t care much about being on the trigger now and it was great to get to share the experience with my dad.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Wish I could spend another day with my dad. Have fun and enjoy!
            Good Luck !
            I hear ya

Comment

Enjoy it. I would give anything for just one more hunt.

Comment

Just spent the last couple days hunting with my dad. Been to long to be honest. Was fun to say the least and got to see a lot of deer. Our dads must be related, at one time he shut the window to talk on the phone. I don’t know how he manages to see so many deer.

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Your Dad is what you will become as time marches on. Good for you and also GREAT referring to your Father as DAD!

Comment

Enjoy your time getting to hunt with him, noisy or not. Lol
                      Great days to enjoy

Comment

Both of you are lucky. Enjoy.

Our next to last hunt (1994) with my dad and he was hunting with only a camera.
                        Took a photo of the only Booner buck we ever saw in our lives. I killed it about an hour later.

Comment

When my dad would sit in the blind with me I had to constantly wake him up from snoring. Loved it though. Maybe I’ll get him out again some day if he will go.

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My pops loves his deer blind naps

Comment

Working...
                              X