Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife keeps asking what I want for Christmas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife keeps asking what I want for Christmas.

This sounds odd but I really do not need anything. There are some things that I want but cant justify buying so I simply respond "I don't want anything". She then gets mad at me for not helping her find me a gift. For the first time in a long time I can't think of anything I would like to have. Maybe it is just me!

I am in the same boat with my wife and family--there is nothing I need or really want within reason

Comment

I have been that way for the last couple of years. .. no need to trade gifts, just spend family time together. If I want it, i just go get it. Just no need for presents. . .

Comment

I buy what I need or want all year long. Christmas I usually buy my own stuff as wife has no clue about hunting and fishing stuff

Comment

I hate receiving gifts and no longer participate in any family exchanges. I'm a grown man. If i want something, I go and buy it. Presents are for children that do not have incomes. My wife is finally coming around to the same idea. She has a debit card. Buy want you want. Exchanging gifts has a high probability of everyone getting crap they don't want or need.

Comment

I've always been that way, ever since I started paying my own way thru life once I realized the cost of living, reality showed me that I didn't need gifts from anyone take what you were gonna spend on me, and buy more for the kids has been my motto for the last 25 years

However, my wife bugged the daylights out of me our first Christmas together, trying to make me give her suggestions. I finally broke down and told her what I wanted...here it is 9 years later, and I still haven't gotten those 10 naked women in a hot tub that I asked for

Comment

A good bottle of whiskey........

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                I hate receiving gifts and no longer participate in any family exchanges. I'm a grown man. If i want something, I go and buy it. Presents are for children that do not have incomes. My wife is finally coming around to the same idea. She has a debit card. Buy want you want. Exchanging gifts has a high probability of everyone getting crap they don't want or need.
                X2...

Except that new revolver I want but I'll probably just go buy that myself soon anyway...

Comment

Academy gift cards are my answer if someone persists. I can always blow those is quick order.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    A good bottle of whiskey........
                    Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                    Academy gift cards are my answer if someone persists. I can always blow those is quick order.
                    ^Bingo.

I like to give liquor because you can spend whatever amount you want or whatever is appropriate for the person. Same goes for gift cards I guess, but at least liquor is a little more personal.

If nothing else, tell her you want one of those Heritage 22 revolvers at academy. Those are fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                      I've always been that way, ever since I started paying my own way thru life once I realized the cost of living, reality showed me that I didn't need gifts from anyone take what you were gonna spend on me, and buy more for the kids has been my motto for the last 25 years

However, my wife bugged the daylights out of me our first Christmas together, trying to make me give her suggestions. I finally broke down and told her what I wanted...here it is 9 years later, and I still haven't gotten those 10 naked women in a hot tub that I asked for
                      She's going to wait a few more years then give 'em to you, when you are too old to do anything but look.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac5dawg View Post
                        This sounds odd but I really do not need anything. There are some things that I want but cant justify buying so I simply respond "I don't want anything". She then gets mad at me for not helping her find me a gift. For the first time in a long time I can't think of anything I would like to have. Maybe it is just me!

I’m in the same spot as you . What I do want it to expensive. I told her don’t get me nothing . She will still get something anyways. What ever it is I will appreciate it .

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                          She's going to wait a few more years then give 'em to you, when you are too old to do anything but look.
                          You may be right

It's a running joke these days...I'm glad she knew I wasn't serious back then, I'd have missed out on 9 wonderful years if she had taken that wrong

Comment

Pick a non profit you like and ask them to make a donation in your name.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                              This. They are always the right size and right color.

Comment

Working...
                              X