Texas Rangers 2016 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening day is Monday!...... Year two of Bannister and the Rangers are looking pretty good in spring training! Figured since the 2015 thread help keep all stuff Rangers in one place, we could try it again.

I can't wait for some real baseball! Let's getrdone! Oh yeah!!... Astros suck!������

I'm in. I do have a lot of question marks about the team though. Well, maybe a few. The rotation bothers me a bit. A lot of if's there, and LF and CF also. Can DD repeat or improve in CF? How well is Desmond adapting to the OF? Alll that said, I like their chances. I wish the Astros sucked, but the don't. They are gonna be tough.

Comment

I like the stuff I've heard from spring, like the Desmond signing, Ruggiano barely made the team which worries me a little. Mostly I hope the pen is really solid early to carry a weak rotation until Darvish comes back. It sounds like the kids were the real stars of spring, hopefully not just because they got ALL of the playing time. Mazara seems ready, and Profar made huge leaps forward.

I wish they would trade Gallo in a deal for Lucroy, or another legit starter...but the 1st pitch hasn't been thrown yet.

More than anything, I'm ready for the great game to get going!

Stros are the bull favorite in Vegas.

Comment

Delino will be fine...

Fresh healthy Beltre.
        Fresh healthy Delino starting.
        Rogie at 2nd should be strong.
        Prince and Moreland both healthy.
        Choo with no massive slump to start the season please?
        Strong bullpen starting the season
        Cole Hamels for a full season
        Hoping Colby will be Colby
        If Perez and Holland can carry some kind of decent numbers we should be OK. Yu is set to be back at the end of May?
        Hopefully Elvis' end of season screw ups have him a little more focused this year.[emoji1374]

Yeah yeah... A lot of sunshine pumping but Bannister seems to get a lot out of his players. I'm optimistic.

Comment

Forgot about Desmond. Hopefully his bat is still alive in a hitters ballpark and he can handle LF

Comment

And please don't let cupcake Holland screw things up too early.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              And please don't let cupcake Holland screw things up too early.
              Indeed

Comment

Glad to see baseball season here. Rangers should be pretty good this year.

Comment

I'm so excited. My only thing is that I dropped my cable plan, and now I don't have access to fssw. I usually get the mlb app, but it doesn't have local games usually. Any suggestions on how to watch? I'm now working in Arlington, so don't think for a second I haven't considered season tickets

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Mostly I hope the pen is really solid early to carry a weak rotation until Darvish comes back.
                    I am not expecting a 100% Darvish until later in the season. Maybe he will come roaring back but I won't be surprised if it takes a while.

Comment

I'm ready, most excited I've been in 2 seasons! I really think it's gonna be a good one.

Comment

I can't wait for Monday. This should be fun.

Comment

Im a little worried my expectations are too high, but after last year and Banister being who I think he is, it's hard not to expect big things.

I think the rotation is in better shape than it has been in years. To have this rotation going into the season, I understand the trepidation, but this is a serious upgrade.

Hamels may not be the best pitcher, but he is very good and very consistent. To have that at the top of the rotation I think helps steady things from top to bottom.

I'll be out there tailgating and hanging out with a vendor, So hoping for some good weather and early success.

Comment

I'm ready

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
                              I'm so excited. My only thing is that I dropped my cable plan, and now I don't have access to fssw. I usually get the mlb app, but it doesn't have local games usually. Any suggestions on how to watch? I'm now working in Arlington, so don't think for a second I haven't considered season tickets

Do what?[emoji15][emoji15]

Comment

Working...
                              X