Severe Weather Threat Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Severe Weather Threat Today

Keep an eye to the sky in the areas outlined below. The main threat will be large damaging hail so make sure you got a place to stick your vehicle later on if one of these storms comes rolling in. I really wouldn't rule out a strong tornado or two either. Definitely a day you want to pay attention to the storms that will fire up later on today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	day1otlk_1300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	25019803

Click image for larger version

Name:	day1probotlk_1300_hail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	25019804

sounds like things could turn get real western, real quick! based off the current maps it looks as if we will be safe in the beaumont/ port arthur area, hope everything goes well for our brothers to the north!

Comment

Storms rolled in around 6:30 this morning and knocked the power out shortly after in Anna.

Steady rain in Mckinney as i'm typing this.

Comment

Oh boy oh boy. We are still knocked out at work since the last storm Monday. Now with this one coming it's not good at all. I will take all the rain but the heavy severe winds, lightning and hail can go elsewhere.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

I wish that storm would push a little farther south and bring us more rain. We need another good shower before the tanks are full here.

Comment

Been rumbling in Paris for 2 hours now with very little rain.

Comment

Yep. Been on the radar (so to speak) for a couple of days. The actual weather dudes on the tv are somewhat down playing it now.

Comment

Lot of thunder and lightening strikes in Hood County this morning and the fire department was rolling about 730...right after a BIG strike close. This afternoon if the sun comes out for a while it could get nasty!

Comment

It's already pushed my EWR - IAH flight back two hours today. Sitting here in Newark waiting it out.

Comment

It's raining like squirrels and guinea pigs here in the metromess...

Any developments on the hurricane off coast of Mexico?

Comment

Johnny,

It looks like Austin area is in there. Do you think we might see some of this?

Comment

Looks like we are fixing to get hammered. 2 cells just joined up near Canton and are headed this way.

Comment

Thanks for heads up.
                            Heading north from central texas late this afternoon heading thru Texarkana and onto the NE. Hope everything passes by..
                            Will have to keep a watch on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DorothyNotKeegan View Post
                              It's raining like squirrels and guinea pigs here in the metromess...

Any developments on the hurricane off coast of Mexico?
                              I think that one is on the Pacific side...

Comment

Working...
                              X