LL Baseball!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LL Baseball!

This is gonna be a lil long but want to explain everything so everyone understands the importance! I was born and raised in Houston I still live in the same neighborhood that I grew up in! Most people will call it the hood or the barrio because we are mostly Hispanic! Well this past year the Houston Astro org. and Oxy petroleum teamed up to renovate our L L baseball fields!
    So they tore down the fences and brought in the tractors! I wish I had some before pics but don't will post some after in a lil bit! We got new sprinkler system or should I say got a sprinkler system cause we never had one before, got new diamond dirt so our kids don't play on rock hard clay, Lush green grass so replace the old used up grass! New fences! new scoreboards are in the near future! So this past sat. was opening day and we were told a few people from the Astros were going to be in attendance. So sure enough come sat. morning after our parade.We started our opening day ceremony and then came time to announce the Astros! Well guess what Astros Showwed up the most famous of them all! None other than the "Ryan Express" Mr. Nolan Ryan!!! Also there were his son Reid! Current players and All-Stars Jason Castro and Jose Altuve!! And of course Jose "Cheo" Cruz!! My son went bananas seeing and shaking hands with altuve that's his favorite player. He is only 3 and cant quite say altuve so calls him altuesday! I felt the same way he did seeing Nolan Ryan! All the players received new batting helmets and a shirt and cap from the Astros!
    Than game the baseball! Like I said before I still live in the same neighborhood I grew up in so I played on the same fields my kids play on! back in the early eighties one of the fields was brand new and I was one of the first kids who played on it now 30 years later my lil ones get to play on another new field only its 200% better than it ever was! We also had the first game of the season so my lil girl got the first basehit and scored the first run of the 2014 season on the new fields! She might not remember it but believe me I'll never forget it!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	25013553

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4566 (1).jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	25013554

Name:	IMG_5375.jpg
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	25013555

Name:	IMG_5379.jpg
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	25013556

Name:	IMG_5382.jpg
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	25013557

Name:	IMG_5387.jpg
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	25013558

Name:	IMG_5393.jpg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	25013559

Name:	IMG_5390.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	25013560

Name:	IMG_5389.jpg
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	25013561

Name:	IMG_5422.png
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	25013562

That is unbelievably awesome!!! Congrats on everything!

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

this is so freakin cool!

that float is bad azz!!!

Comment

Awesome..... sure hope Nolan didn't throw out the first pitch....lol!

Comment

Very Cool! Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Too cool!

Comment

Nice story, hope the season goes well.

Comment

How cool is that?!

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That is what it is all about! Love the kids in the eye patches!

Comment

Season!

Season update! Lost our first game sat. A nailbiter 7-6 in the bottom of the third! Lost tues. 10-7 ! We our just a play or two or three maybe four away from winning both of them!!!! LOL kids are finally starting to get what we are trying to teach still got that one or two that are a bit bullheaded and then the couple that cant sit still for two seconds. Still wouldn't trade it for anything!!! My daughter has gone four for four with two runs scored and has yet to make an out except for the one where she threw her bat!!! She assured me it wouldnt happen again and it hasn't! She also had two assist at first base on tues.. She is the only girl on a team of 13 she is still holding her own and has caught the attention of the other coaches. Game tonight will post update later.

Comment

Season Update!

Sorry so late guys but lost another one!!! Think the score was 8-10! We keep score and have winners and losers but I just know we lost not sure about the score! We are 0-3 on the seson with 12 games left! My lil girl went 2 for 2 again with a run scored and one rbi! She needs some work with her fielding but she is only six and this is her first season playing! She is very smart and is catching on to the game really fast so by seasons end she should be a lot better! She told my mom after the game " I Love this Game" ! Gotta love the lil ones! My son is also playing but he plays Tiny-Tee they don't keep score and its kinda crazy! He is learning fundamentals though and he likes it! Will try to post some pics of them in a bit!

Comment

Season Update!

Well we lost another one last Thursday. We really took a beating 20-3 I think was the final! I know there was no way we could catch up even though we had last bats! That game I came really close to losing my cool and had to remind myself that they are only babies and yelling and screaming wasn't going to do anything for them! I came home and told my wife I was wondering why I signed up for this abuse!!!! Well Monday we had a good practice! So come yesterdays game a whole new ball team showed up. They were stopping ground balls making good fairly accurate throws and making outs!!! So comes down to bottom of third and game all notted up they load bases!We get two outs. So there we sit tied up with bases loaded and 2 outs! They hit a ground ball to my third baseman who's dad had to convince to go back out on the field to finish the game! He fields it cleanly and then its a footrace to the bag he steps on thirdbase just a halfstep in front of the runner and that's the ballgame! We tied! We Tied!! My cousin who was watching from the stands told me when we got the final out that he has never seen me jump that high! Said looks like I coulds slamdunked a basketball as high as I got! I know I tie isn't a win but with the group we got it sure means a lot to us! This just might be the sparkplug we need to get us going! even if it isn't we didn't lose everysingle game this season at least we tied one! Also my daughter has yet to make an out while on the basepaths. yesterday she got her first RBI she is usuallt lead off hitter so nobody on when she bats! She also has earned her way to the pitchers mound! Which almost anyone who has been around a teeball field knows the pitcher is the business!!! I tried to keep her away from there cause I was afraid she might get hit but yesterday I had to. She handled her business like a champ she even stopped a hard hit shot back up the middle!She didn't field it cleanly but it didn't get passed her either! She told me later it hit her in the foot and it hurt but only a lil bit! She is a gammer! Like I said before she is the only girl on a team of 13 and she runs the team! Just like a woman right!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X