Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ATTACH]570788[/ATTACH]

Comment

Also found out that the Blake Shelton story the landowner told me was a lie. I drove over there this morning and walked up to the guys and introduced myself. I told them what the landowner had told me and they just laughed and said " you can't believe anything he says".

Comment

Thata way to stay positive man! I've always feared of something like this if I were to do an out of state hunt. Keep after 'em! Hopefully a good buck will slip up for you!

Comment

good luck

Comment

Man, I am sorry about that! That has got to be frustrating! Best of luck and keep us posted!

Comment

What city are you close to? Stay positive, hope you get a shooter in range.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                Since I don't think there's been a deer by this tree in 12 years I'll go ahead and type some of it.

I hunted this place last year and it was great. We had our own pasture with river bottoms and cut corn fields. I never connected with a big one but I did have some close encounters. So we decided we would try again this year to make it happen. I kept in contact with the landowner all Spring and Summer and he said everything was good and we could do the same thing we did last year. He told me there would be no hunters here before us and that the only hunters would only hunt the first shotgun season which starts Nov 22 this year. So, I mailed him a check. I called him a few times after that just to check in and we talked about my game plan for hunting that piece of property. Fast forward to Friday. I called and told him we were on our way and should be there mid day Saturday. He said he would be here when we got here. So, we showed up and talked a little and he told us there was a couple of guys that were just down the road that would show us the property. I told him I didn't need anybody to show me and I already knew the exact tree I was going to climb. That's when he told us "you can't hunt there this year". I said "why?" He said because he was going to be harvesting over there all week. That really ticked me off but I didn't say much at that point. So we follow him down the road and he introduces us to 2 guys and says they have been hunting here for 2 weeks. Then he told the other guys "you can tell them what's really going on after I leave". And he drives away. These guys then told us that Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton are filming a hunt on our pasture all week. I was ticked. These guys had already killed their bucks and were shooting does now. We walked and scouted our "new" spot for a few hours and could barely find a deer track here and there. I was fuming by now so we go back to the landowners house and I told him we never would have come if he had been honest with me. We drove 14 hours and both took off work. He got ticked and said " I'll just give you your money back and you can go back to Texas ". So I said " great, hand it over and we will leave". The he crawfished and said "that ain't gonna happen". So, here we sit on a shot out day lease where we will be lucky to see a squirrel. Grrrrr
                I would have a hard time not laying hands on that guy after a stunt like that! Hope it works out for y'all.

Comment

Way to stay positive.....sounds like you're in a good spot. You just need to arrow a big one and really show the guy that he screwed you and you still got it done. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Comment

Since I don't think there's been a deer by this tree in 12 years I'll go ahead and type some of it.

I hunted this place last year and it was great. We had our own pasture with river bottoms and cut corn fields. I never connected with a big one but I did have some close encounters. So we decided we would try again this year to make it happen. I kept in contact with the landowner all Spring and Summer and he said everything was good and we could do the same thing we did last year. He told me there would be no hunters here before us and that the only hunters would only hunt the first shotgun season which starts Nov 22 this year. So, I mailed him a check. I called him a few times after that just to check in and we talked about my game plan for hunting that piece of property. Fast forward to Friday. I called and told him we were on our way and should be there mid day Saturday. He said he would be here when we got here. So, we showed up and talked a little and he told us there was a couple of guys that were just down the road that would show us the property. I told him I didn't need anybody to show me and I already knew the exact tree I was going to climb. That's when he told us "you can't hunt there this year". I said "why?" He said because he was going to be harvesting over there all week. That really ticked me off but I didn't say much at that point. So we follow him down the road and he introduces us to 2 guys and says they have been hunting here for 2 weeks. Then he told the other guys "you can tell them what's really going on after I leave". And he drives away. These guys then told us that Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton are filming a hunt on our pasture all week. I was ticked. These guys had already killed their bucks and were shooting does now. We walked and scouted our "new" spot for a few hours and could barely find a deer track here and there. I was fuming by now so we go back to the landowners house and I told him we never would have come if he had been honest with me. We drove 14 hours and both took off work. He got ticked and said " I'll just give you your money back and you can go back to Texas ". So I said " great, hand it over and we will leave". The he crawfished and said "that ain't gonna happen". So, here we sit on a shot out day lease where we will be lucky to see a squirrel. Grrrrr
                    If he pulled that crap on me and I did not score a nice buck I would get back at him one way or another. I am evil that way and farm equipment cost alot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac2410 View Post
                      What city are you close to? Stay positive, hope you get a shooter in range.
                      We are not far from Macomb.

Comment

I can honestly say that if I don't see another deer this trip it was worth what I paid. I could have killed a mid 130s 10 point this morning and the giant I saw yesterday evening was easily in the 180s. It stinks that we didn't get to go to familiar ground this trip but I honestly am over it. I think to the farmer one spot is as good as another so he didn't think much of it. Anyway, I'm back on stand for a 4 hour sit hoping to see another Illinois giant. If I can connect on one y'all will be the first to know. Stay tuned.

Comment

I can honestly say that if I don't see another deer this trip it was worth what I paid. I could have killed a mid 130s 10 point this morning and the giant I saw yesterday evening was easily in the 180s. It stinks that we didn't get to go to familiar ground this trip but I honestly am over it. I think to the farmer one spot is as good as another so he didn't think much of it. Anyway, I'm back on stand for a 4 hour sit hoping to see another Illinois giant. If I can connect on one y'all will be the first to know. Stay tuned.
                          great attitude and good luck with a big one!

Comment

get em and i hope you shoot a record buck.

Comment

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good luck I am pulling for ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X