Wide Angle Shots. Let's see em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wide Angle Shots. Let's see em!

Just picked up a Canon EF-S 10-22 ultra wide-angle lens today, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

I'd like to see some of you guys' shots using your wide angle lenses. Looking for examples of how different shots are being framed, both outside and inside.

Thanks!

Here are a few of mine. I usually like to put something in the foreground when I take wide angles.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here are a few more.
      Attached Files

Comment

I know you wanted to see both outside and inside shots. Sorry, I don't take too many inside pics. But here are the last ones I'll post.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice pics!

Comment

Nice photos.

Comment

Nice shots El Viejo!

Comment

that is some good stuff

Comment

Waring General Store by Casey Morris, on Flickr

Dry South Texas by Casey Morris, on Flickr

Comment

A few following various compositions and exposures to cover motion, light & effect. Some lean on mood, others lean on flow and all made with an attempt to add depth to the shot which is key with wide.

Wide can and will look flat and distant....it takes a bit to add depth....hope some of these shots show a bit of my style to get there. I try to find layers.....layer one up tight, layer two mid-range and layer three and beyond, the top most portion of the frame. Wide typically goes visually low to high...keep this in mind and it will help you shoot with more depth.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 03-05-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Very nice pics.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                        A few following various compositions and exposures to cover motion, light & effect. Some lean on mood, others lean on flow and all made with an attempt to add depth to the shot which is key with wide.

Wide can and will look flat and distant....it takes a bit to add depth....hope some of these shots show a bit of my style to get there. I try to find layers.....layer one up tight, layer two mid-range and layer three and beyond, the top most portion of the frame. Wide typically goes visually low to high...keep this in mind and it will help you shoot with more depth.

Nice pics, if you don't mind me asking where were these to pics take? I am a big fan of the desert pics since I grew up around them.

Comment

Nice pics, if you don't mind me asking where were these to pics take? I am a big fan of the desert pics since I grew up around them.
                          Thank you WestTexDucks! These scenes are near the New Mexico\Arizona border, nestled in the Gila & Apache National Forests rolling Highway 180 above Silver City New Mexico. I drove up to compete in the Sunrise Park Archery 3D Shoot up in the White Mountains of Arizona. I certainly want to roll back up there again...with WAY MORE TIME - AWESOME COUNTRY!

Comment

Toledo Bend last weekend

Comment

Those are nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X