No announcement yet.

Best river for overnight camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pecos is under rated from what kayakers have told me. About the same distance from you however.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
      Kayak Fishing: Surviving the Devil's River - YouTube

I’m sure you’ve watched this, but I watched it a while back and it has a lot of good info.

Yes I’ve seen that. Pretty much spot on for what we want to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
        From what I have read you need to make sure you follow the rules on the devils river and make dang sure you don’t trespass. Game Wardens are supposedly pretty ornery their from dealing with a bunch of idiots for so long.

Oh yeah, got to be in top of it all from what I’ve heard.

Comment

The Brazos Float below Possum Kingdom is a beautiful float aswell and a ton of fishing to be had..

Comment

Could have done the Devil's river a few months ago in a couple of hours.
            This is near Juno where it is usually dry.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sotol View Post
              Could have done the Devil's river a few months ago in a couple of hours.
              This is near Juno where it is usually dry.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

[emoji50] wow

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Pecos is under rated from what kayakers have told me. About the same distance from you however.

The Pecos is the best river in Texas to Kayak imo. But it might be a longer trip than he is looking for. 5-7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                  The Pecos is the best river in Texas to Kayak imo. But it might be a longer trip than he is looking for. 5-7 days.

I’m down for 3-5 days, I was figuring 4 days on the river if we did the Devils and then 2 days for travel

Comment

I'd love to do a Devils trip soon but one that might be a little closer to you is the Brazos. I know a ton of guys that will do anywhere from overnight trips to 3 or 4 nights. Put in below PK dam. Great fishing as well

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                      I'd love to do a Devils trip soon but one that might be a little closer to you is the Brazos. I know a ton of guys that will do anywhere from overnight trips to 3 or 4 nights. Put in below PK dam. Great fishing as well

I’ve heard of guys going that too, will read into it as well.

Comment

Be mindful if you float the upper Guadalupe. Pretty much everything is private land so choose your campsites carefully. Our group is wanting to float the Devils River as well next year. Doing research now. The Brazos below PK dam can be sloooowwwww and wind in your face so keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                          Village Creek north of Beaumont is one of my favorite places on earth.

There are a couple of canoe outfitters that operate on it.

If these rains keep up like they have been the Creek will be too high float in the spring though

Thanks for the tip, I’ve started looking into that and I think we may do that if the water levels allow.

Comment

A group of us use to do overnighters on the bravos starting at the Lake Whitney ****. Back then my wife’s Family knew some of the people that owned property that we camped on at the time. Good clear water at the times we went.

Comment

What about the south Lllano?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                What about the south Lllano?

That’s on my list, but if I was going to drive that far I might as well do the devils. I’ve heard the south Llano can be a great float

Comment

Working...
                                X