Trespasser (Long Read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trespasser (Long Read)

Was cutting some cedars on my place in Collin County for a plot and noticed a guy walking the fence line on my side of the fence. He proceeded to come introduce himself and let me know that he had just set up a feeder in the opening right behind my food plot. He said he was staying with his parents while his wife and he were split and they said they never see anyone back there, so that made it ok. He asked if i wanted him to take it off and put on his parents property behind their barn. I politely said yes and proceeded to tell him that there are a ton of spots i would love to put a feeder that I dont own, but wouldn't because its not my property! Well fast forward to the next evening and i walk out there to find he moved the feeder alright. But just inside the tree line and still on my place, then I found his pop up brushed in about 20 yrds away. At this point I am furious, proceed to take down the pop up, and write him a sweet little note on the feeder. The problem is, their house is 50yrds through the trees from the plot I was putting in. Should i still do it in the hopes that this bafoon doesn't sneak out when i am not there and try to hunt it? At this point I just want to stomp his little *** and no he is not a child, the guy is probably late 20's. People have no respect for other peoples stuff!

He will probably hunt it. Hidden trail camera and a call to the GW would be my next step....

Comment

I'd put up a sign stating tress passers will be shot. Even though I probably wouldn't actually shoot them. It would sure make them think.... : )

Comment

If he didn't listen the first time,hes unlikely to listen a second. I would contact the GW, and set up some TC's, I have a feeling he will be back

Comment

you are hunting 50 yards from their house .....

Comment

Shame on his parents, but he's a grown man and should know better. I'd try to resolve it one more time then the law would be called.

Comment

I would NOT plant the plot... You know he will be back to try to hunt it again...

Comment

GW!! Let them take care of it.

Comment

get a can of purple paint paint corner post, and a couple t post, call the game warden... problem solved...

also if you have the pop up, and feeder take it to your house... (evidence)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                    Was cutting some cedars on my place in Collin County for a plot and noticed a guy walking the fence line on my side of the fence. He proceeded to come introduce himself and let me know that he had just set up a feeder in the opening right behind my food plot. He said he was staying with his parents while his wife and he were split and they said they never see anyone back there, so that made it ok. He asked if i wanted him to take it off and put on his parents property behind their barn. I politely said yes and proceeded to tell him that there are a ton of spots i would love to put a feeder that I dont own, but wouldn't because its not my property! Well fast forward to the next evening and i walk out there to find he moved the feeder alright. But just inside the tree line and still on my place, then I found his pop up brushed in about 20 yrds away. At this point I am furious, proceed to take down the pop up, and write him a sweet little note on the feeder. The problem is, their house is 50yrds through the trees from the plot I was putting in. Should i still do it in the hopes that this bafoon doesn't sneak out when i am not there and try to hunt it? At this point I just want to stomp his little *** and no he is not a child, the guy is probably late 20's. People have no respect for other peoples stuff!
                    My first calls would be to the Game Warden and the Sherriff first and foremost and let them come out and see the stuff on your place and then maybe you will own a new popup and feeder. Definitely let them know you have already discussed it with the guy politely and neighborly. I would also set up and conceal plenty of game cameras around to catch him or anyone from over there trespassing and set up no trespassing signs in clear sight for them.

Comment

Originally posted by LROSE View Post
                      I would NOT plant the plot... You know he will be back to try to hunt it again...
                      This.

Comment

Its archery only

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                        you are hunting 50 yards from their house .....
                        The edge of the plot is 50 yrds from their fence. The stand will be well over a 100 yrds or so and there are two Stands of trees between my stand and their fence.

Comment

Have the gw come look at it and go have a talk with the guy. That away gw knows to keep an eye out for him during season.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                            My first calls would be to the Game Warden and the Sherriff first and foremost and let them come out and see the stuff on your place and then maybe you will own a new popup and feeder. Definitely let them know you have already discussed it with the guy politely and neighborly. I would also set up and conceal plenty of game cameras around to catch him or anyone from over there trespassing and set up no trespassing signs in clear sight for them.
                            x2

Comment

CALL THE GAMEWARDEN

That is what we pay them for.

Comment

Working...
                              X