EDC flashlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDC flashlight

Anybody have any recommendations for an EDC flashlight?

I've been carrying a small Coast light for a few months. Very handy for work (I'm in construction) and small enough to put in my back pocket with a clip.

I'm not real interested in a tiny little pen style light.

I think I'm about to order a Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA.

Any thoughts?

love Fenix. I have this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I have a Fenix RC 05 that I carry now, but I had the Streamlight Protac 1. I wouldn't hesitate to get another Protac 1.

The RC05 is on sale right now. I like it because it has a rechargeable battery that comes with it or you can use 1AA if needed.

The Fenix RC05 rechargeable flashlight is a must have for hiking, camping or every day carry. Max 300 lumens powered by a 14500 rechargeable Li-ion battery.

Comment

Might want to check out our 20LRX flashlight as it will blow away the output of those fenix lights as they only have a max intensity of around 2000cd and and the Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA is 6400cd, our 20LRX is around 16,000cd. The cd intensity is how you measure how far a light can shine and the higher the cd the further the light will shine. As you can see our light puts out about 8 times the cd as those fenix lights over 2x as the streamlight. Here is a picture of everything that comes with it and it's only 3.5 inches long and weighs about 4 ounces with the battery. The light is focusable from flood to spot beam. Cost is $58.99 for the package and you can add other colors(Red,Green,White) for a additional $15.00 or IR for $20.00. As always, we also give a 10% discount to TBH members, just send me a PM and I will send you the coupon code.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by gonehuntin68; 10-06-2016, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Gonehuntin...looks like the head of that light is a little large....not sure if it would be comfortable for back pocket carry...

Comment

Just get one with a Cree bulb and your good. Doesn't matter the brand they are they are all from the same 5 factories in China.

Comment

Originally posted by rcarlisle85 View Post
              Anybody have any recommendations for an EDC flashlight?

I've been carrying a small Coast light for a few months. Very handy for work (I'm in construction) and small enough to put in my back pocket with a clip.

I'm not real interested in a tiny little pen style light.

I think I'm about to order a Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA.

Any thoughts?
              fenix lights, they have what you want

Comment

I carried a Terralux for years until I bought a rechargeable Streamlight. It uses C-sized rechargeable batteries.
                The Terralux was great but started eating batteries.
                It may have needed a new LED.

Comment

Fenix PD 35

Comment

Streamlining PT1L

Comment

Streamlight Protac series are good. I have a few (PT2AAA, PT1L, and PT2AA) that take turns in my pocket, but the regular Stylus Pro is my favorite. Smooth edges, slim barrel and head, solid pocket clip, simple on/off tail switch that allows momentary if you don't press completely, AAA batteries are cheap and last about 4-5 hours of run time, and plenty of light for my use (I don't need 1000 lumens and a strobe function). Also, when you lose it, you're only out $25.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Comment

Love all the Fenix lights.

Originally posted by dac6933 View Post
                        Fenix PD 35
                        ^this is what I have.

Comment

I carry an Olight S10R Baton II. Rechargeable. Up to 500 lumens on highest setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just got the StealthGear USA SGX-5. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet

Comment

Working...
                            X