4th of July fishing - Nueces River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4th of July fishing - Nueces River

Had a great time with my entire family at the Nueces River cabin. Weather was changing all the time from unbearable calm heat to wind and rain. Seemed like every time I went out it changed.

My nephew pulled in this blue cat off one of our jugs. He helped catch the bait so he got to catch the big fish of the trip. Then I drove up on this little bugger. Hard to see but he was freaking huge. When he slid in the water the hair on the back of my neck stood up. Pics don't do him justice at all.

Don't have many pictures because my photographer daughter decided she wanted to sleep in most of the time this trip. Ended up with 7-10 blue cats each morning and usually a couple 6-13lb gar. Zero flatheads this time.

Nice cat!

Comment

Sounds like a great weekend..........

Comment

big ole stumptail!

Comment

Originally posted by brnhtown View Post
          big ole stumptail!

Comment

Man, y'all caught enough to make a big ol' pot of grease stink!! Some good eatin' right there... course flathead is better, but those blues sure eat good...

Comment

We threw most back. Had to keep everything when Mom went to check lines LOL...

Summer fishing up river is a hard time to catch flatheads.

Comment

Not on the Colorado close to the ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                  Not on the Colorado close to the ranch?
                  No, this is a cabin down in George West on lake Mathis.

That's where my boat is at. I need to get it up here to fish the Colorado again. That's if the Colorado ever floods again.

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                    X