Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 turkeys

Comment

Thanks to the few of you that showed interest and wished me well on this trip.
      Without good cell service it was really next to impossible to post updates. I saw next to NOTHING for 4 days. Squirrels and turkeys was it! Can't believe it. Not the fault of the guide or outfitter. Just how it goes sometimes. Buddy had a 150" deer at 100 yds. We relocated him the next day but the buck did not show. We tried hard and learned a lot. Key takeaway: if you have room. Bring your own options with you. We employed the use of the lone wolf lock on, an extra pop-up, and a ladder stand with ease.

Comment

Just saw this. Live hunts see more action in around the campfire section.
        I was out west this weekend at my lease and was skunked 4 out of 5 sits. It is tough hunting with the mild weather and green pastures.

On a side note is that a dove decoy in the bottom left of the turkey pic?

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post

40 turkeys
              Is that a dove decoy in the bottom of the picture?

Looks like a great setup there!

Comment

Better out hunting then at work even if you get skunked.

Comment

It is! Was waiting for someone to comment but admittedly my attempt at a live hunt thread blew up in my face due to poor cell service.

It's sort of a calling card of mine b/c no one else
                  Does it

Got the idea from a guy who was RELIGIOUS about brushing in his pop ups and then he would put a dove decoy by the black hole

Sort of a comfort decoy. It works. Can't hurt.

Comment

Decoy is a great idea.

Comment

Working...
                    X