No announcement yet.

Let’s talk bino’s!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Cabelas to check out what you want in a pair but don't buy them there. The mark up sucks.

If you just have to have new, I'd go with Minox or Zeiss. Call Doug or Neil over at cameralandny and see what demos they have right now. Best deals to be found there.

Check out eBay or other auction websites, used or new. Used in a medium to alpha is the way to go IMO, with a company that will warranty you.

Believe it or not, check with the goodwill. I've gotten lucky.

Comment

Check out the Maven C series in that price range. High end glass for half the price. If your budget was a little more you could get their B series that is on par with ziess

Comment

Zeiss 10x40b for sale

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
          Check out the Maven C series in that price range. High end glass for half the price. If your budget was a little more you could get their B series that is on par with ziess
          I don't own any Maven's but was very impressed with the ones I've looked thru.

Comment

IMO, the $450-$600 range is the worst spot for binoculars. They aren’t significantly better than a good $250-$300 pair, and they don’t even come close to the $1,000 entry level alpha glass.

I picked up a set of Zeiss Conquest HD’s on eBay for $650 and they are outstanding. Elk hunting in CO the other week they really shined at finding and identifying stuff way out there.

Unless you have a particularly big hunt coming up or have no binoculars to use this season, I’d keep saving money and buy something top shelf for Christmas.

Comment

Swaro's or Leica hands down, will last a lifetime!

Comment

I realize these are on the low end but I’m super happy with my 10x42 vortex diamond backs.

My daughter has some really high dollar Swarovski binos and loves them, but she’s a guide and I guess she can justify the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                  Can't go wrong with Steiner or Zeiss
                  Zeiss Terra ED for me. Love them.

Comment

We have a pair of Vortex Vipers 10x42 and love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have gone thru tons of binoculars trying to find the right pair. . . Maven and Eschenbach have been the best I have used. If you are on a budget though, Vortex is hard to beat. . .never had a pair of Vortex I did not like.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                        Use Cabelas to check out what you want in a pair but don't buy them there. The mark up sucks.

If you just have to have new, I'd go with Minox or Zeiss. Call Doug or Neil over at cameralandny and see what demos they have right now. Best deals to be found there.

Check out eBay or other auction websites, used or new. Used in a medium to alpha is the way to go IMO, with a company that will warranty you.

Believe it or not, check with the goodwill. I've gotten lucky.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        With a $450 budget, I wouldn't waste my time in the retail market...I'm an admitted snob when it comes to glass & spend a lot of time looking through mine when in the stand, so eye strain is a concern.

If it were my $$$$, I would up the budget just a little & start looking in the used market for some clean swaro 8x30slc's or the Ziess 10x40 classics. These are going to be better than any new binos dollar for dollar IMO...plus they are easily a better investment when it is time to upgrade & retaining resale value vs the hit you will take buying new. Go this route & send them into the mfg for a once over.

I started with 8x30slc's, then sold upgraded to 10slc's & finally to the 10xEL's...next step would be to the 10xEL swaro vision but would have to be the right deal for it to happen as I'm happy with what I have.

Good luck in your decision.

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                        IMO, the $450-$600 range is the worst spot for binoculars. They aren’t significantly better than a good $250-$300 pair, and they don’t even come close to the $1,000 entry level alpha glass.

I picked up a set of Zeiss Conquest HD’s on eBay for $650 and they are outstanding. Elk hunting in CO the other week they really shined at finding and identifying stuff way out there.

Unless you have a particularly big hunt coming up or have no binoculars to use this season, I’d keep saving money and buy something top shelf for Christmas.

3 best pieces of advice in the thread IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just spend a few days hunting Pronghorn. first time I've ever glassed over a mile for long periods. My 10x50 nikon trailblazers were 379$ back 13 years ago alway thought they were good but have only used them out to about 600yds. When my guide let me use his Leica 10x40 it was a great difference at long range getting a sharp image, at 200-400 yds not much difference, but again at long range BIG difference. Example thru mine at 600yds I could not define the beginning of the prong at all, but with his I could I could even see a bump on the top edge. Mine would not focus well enough at 600 to see that detail.
                          Last edited by coop2564; 10-05-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

10X is too shaky to handhold for me without a rest. I hunt wooded areas and am in a treestand, so I have gone to 6X Leupold. Clear, bright, steady, and rarely am looking more than about 75 yards. Most lower-powered binoculars are actually marketed as bird watching binoculars.

Comment

Always been a Nikon fan for cheap glass. Saving a little more and bridging into that used Swaro/Zeiss market is good advice.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                                X