No announcement yet.

Our own slice - "Los Setenta Ranch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I walked up on one about like that under my feeder in the dark once. Woke me up pretty quick! Yeah I'm sure they aren't making the deer want to come and hang out. May have to make some pens

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Place Brandon. Probably need to get some hog panels and put up around the feeder. I am not too far from you. Let me know if you need anything. I go through Paris and then to Hugo to get on the turnpike.

Comment

Great looking place!

Comment

Looking good. That highline is gold! Looks like you have plenty of areas to plant food plots.

Regarding your span on that creek, you may need to look at buying an old, worn out flat bed 52’ semi trailer. My FIL had one that he sold last year. The buyer cut the tires/undercarriage our from under it and turned it into a bridge.

I agree with John on the exclusion pen for the feeder. That will keep the hogs out and bring the deer back. Otherwise you will be whizzing in the wind. Can’t shoot or trap enough to make a dent. Gotta make it so they move on to someone else’s feeder.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

This is an awesome thread keep the pics / updates coming

Comment

Thanks for keeping this updated. I've been following from your first post.

Comment

Great thread, congrats on your place. Love seeing these projects come together!

Comment

Well the wife and I made another trip to LSR this past weekend. I setup the double bull on the power line at about 16 yards from the feeder which will put it almost in the middle on the food plot once it has been planted. We sat in the blind Sunday morning in hopes of catching the pigs showing up to the feeder, but they no showed on us. We did have 1 doe come down the road and let us know she could see the blind. She walked off after she blew at us for a few minutes. I had the wife carrying the back pack sprayer and spray the area for a food plot, I tried to kill the wasps in an old feeder and there were way more than I had thought in the timer. I went through a whole can thinking oh yeah I got em all, then kicked the feeder leg and easily double the amount I just killed flew out. I nixed that idea and just threw the 5 gallon bucket feeder I had in the spot I wanted to move the wasp feeder.

Need to go back and plant my plot, hang a couple of stands, and install another gate in an opening that isn't closed off or install barbed wire there. Hoping to get back up there the weekend of 9/8. Will post pics here shortly!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a suggestion for the wasps:

If it doesn’t kill’em all it certainly will be fun! (May want to have the wife load up the backpack sprayer with foam) [emoji12]

Looks like you’ve got a good setup there. Digging that blind.

Comment

Made a quick trip to the ranch today to try to get my plots planted and tree stands hung. Was showing rain on the way, but it has slowly fizzled out now. There's a little rain in the forecast this week so I have my fingers crossed that it stays that way. Was only able to hang one stand for a south wind. I was beat trying to get it all done by myself and carrying everything in. Planted elbon rye and mbs seed plot booster in about a 1/2 to 3/4 acre spot on the power line and then threw a little on the south end in a small little 1/10 of an acre path in the woods. Won't be back until the second weekend in October so I'm hoping more bucks make their way into my place. I have a new buck that has shown up this week that has already rubbed off his velvet, but he's not a shooter. Both bucks I have pics of are young, but show some potential when they mature. I'm excited for what's to come!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a neat place. Could you post the real estate layout or a plat so we could picture how the High line ROW, RR tracks, creek, entrance, etc. all go together??

Comment

Congrats to you on your purchase it is a great feeling to buy a place of your own. We just purchased a place outside of Mountain Home three months ago and it is so nice to call it ours. Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
                                What a neat place. Could you post the real estate layout or a plat so we could picture how the High line ROW, RR tracks, creek, entrance, etc. all go together??
                                I would, but I don't feel comfortable posting that info on a public forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X