No announcement yet.

Life Time Super Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had it for 15 years. I was your age when I bought it. I've seen the price for super combo go up so I'm happy with my purchase. Another thing to think about is that you can still use the lifetime license here if you move out of state later in life.

Comment

Got mined when it was $750 I think long time ago. Got my son one when he was born. Go figure wife got one when she was 42. I told her about time she breaks even she will get a discount...

Comment

I'm a pretty law abiding person but buying mine when I was younger sure kept me from doing anything real stupid. I would've hated to lose my license and that $1000

Comment

Got mine when it was $1k and it’s paid for itself

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Shot View Post
            Got mine when it was $1k and it’s paid for itself
            Mine hasn’t paid for myself but I’m glad I got in before the price increase.

Comment

I bought one when they were $1000. It was a huge investment for me at the time, as I was only 18 or 20, but it’s already paid for itself and I’ve never regretted it. At the time, I watched the price of super combos go up three consecutive years, along with the addition and subtraction of stamps (endorsements). I knew they weren’t going to get any cheaper, and that’s what drove my decision. It’s nice walking up to the counter every year, and the only thing to come out of my wallet is my driver’s license.

Comment

It’s also my understanding that if you move out of Texas later, the lifetime license will allow you to be treated like a resident.

Comment

I bought mine back when they were $1K also.

Originally posted by bk913 View Post
                  if you buy a life time license do you still have to buy a duck stamp every year?
                  Yes

Comment

I would do it at your age for sure

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                      Is there an age requirement to getting this? Wanting to do it as soon as possible for my 1 yr old.
                      It probably does not make sense until he is closer to 16 years old, or a big price increase is announced. The youth license, through age 15, is about $7.

Comment

I have had it for about 10 years now and it has been a good investment. I bought it when it was still $1,000 for the Hunting and Fishing combo. I think about 6 more years and it will have paid for itself.

Comment

I got my Iowa Lifetime Hunting and Fishing license in May. It's good until 2219. I think that will work for me.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                            It’s also my understanding that if you move out of Texas later, the lifetime license will allow you to be treated like a resident.
                            Yep.

I bought mine and courtney’s several years back .... hunting mld we hardly worry about the tags.

I also have my Louisiana lifetime from when I lived there.

I’m thinking about moving states every year and getting a new one so I have lots of places to hunt when I retire

Comment

I got mine when it was still $1000.. I am like 2-3 years away from it paying for itself.. Its fun every year to walk in and hand them your ID and they print it off..

That said I dont think it would be worth it at $1800 unless your under 30ish or plan to move out of the state.. If you think you will ever move out of state it is 100% worth it..

Comment

Can always do lifetime hunting for $1,000 now and then upgrade to lifetime fishing for $800 down the road.. or vice verse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X