Hunter Ed number not on license??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter Ed number not on license??

Who do I need to contact to address this issue? I have a brother in law that is only 14 and I take him hunting now and then, we’ll season before last he took hunter Ed but it doesn’t print out his hunter Ed # on his license, I looked him up on tpwd and it shows that he’s completed the course and lists his id number. But who do I need to contact to make sure it prints the number on his license this year?

Mine has never shown up on my license. Just carry the card with you. Honestly, even if your number is on the license, my understanding is you can still get a ticket for not having the card anyway.

Comment

I've always heard and followed to double check that your HE# as well as HIP certification is printed on your license. You can also go to TPWD online and print out a replacement card, easy to laminate with tape and carry w/hunting license. I've heard the same as tommy^^ about getting a ticket for not carrying HE card.

Comment

I got mine and bowhunter's ed number put on mine at the regional office where I get my license every year

Not taking any chances with the person behind the counter at WalMart, Academy etc knowing what they are doing

Comment

The law says carry your card it’s that easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I took Hunters Ed in another state when I was a kid and always carry my card. Laminate and stick in wallet.

Comment

Mine wasn't on my license and I wanted it added so I called TPWD. Lady got it added and the next year(and every year since) it's been on there.

Comment

Mine just said HE#. Knew it was on the license but never checked thank God the Wyoming game warden had come across a few Texas hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                  The law says carry your card it’s that easy

I know what the law says bud, the fact is his license says his hunters is required, when it should list his hunters Ed number instead. Just an annoyance really, I know the number on the license is not technically needed as long as we have the card.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                    Mine has never shown up on my license. Just carry the card with you. Honestly, even if your number is on the license, my understanding is you can still get a ticket for not having the card anyway.
                    You are correct, but that just seems like such a dumb law. The card lists the same number that should be on the license. So I don’t understand the need to have 2 different documents to provide the same info?

Comment

Actually just looked in tpwd website and it says that proof of certification is required. Doesn’t say you have to carry a separate card with your license.

Comment

Call tpwd they got mine to show up.

Comment

The GW would have to be a real tool to ticket you for not having the card with you if it is printed on your license. That rule is likely from before when they started putting it on your license.

Comment

Do you need the bow education and your hunter Ed card if you bow hunt for deer? Hunting GV lake

Comment

Working...
                            X