Stump removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stump removal

This is the first of three stumps I need to get out of my yard. All three are alive. What’s the best way to get rid of them. Do I need to kill the stump first before using a stump grinder ? And if so what is the QUICKEST way to kill it ??Suggestions ?
    Last edited by huntingfanatic; 03-09-2019, 02:36 PM.

You are. Gonna have hell grinding it out that close to your house

Toradon will kill it

Give it a year and it should come out fairly easy

Comment

Soak the ground around it, throw a chain around it and pull it out.

Comment

I think I would dig around it and cut the roots a good bit underground, and then pull it out. I know dang well I would cut those next to the foundation.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          I think I would dig around it and cut the roots a good bit underground, and then pull it out. I know dang well I would cut those next to the foundation.
          This.....^^^^

That’s not a very big stump. Get a sharp shooter and cut the roots a foot or two out away from it and next to your foundation and then rip it out with a chain. Shouldn’t take much at all.

Comment

Dig out around stump and cut with chain saw below ground level. I have done this with lots of mature oak trees. It used a stump grinder once and the chainsaw is faster and cheaper, even if it ruins a few blades.

Comment

Guess I’m gonna have to do a lot of cutting. No way to pull it out. It’s in my back yard and can’t get vehicle to it. I don’t have time to wait for it to decompose chemically. I’m
              Selling house and it’s part of clean up. I did put some tordon on it so
              Maybe in a few weeks at least it will be dead

Comment

Sendero and diesel but gonna kill your grass too

Comment

Power washer and cut dirt away. Cut as much as you can. Come along and block and tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Power washer and cut dirt away. Cut as much as you can. Come along and block and tackle.
                    Or a high lift jack ? It would be slow but it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                      Guess I’m gonna have to do a lot of cutting. No way to pull it out. It’s in my back yard and can’t get vehicle to it. I don’t have time to wait for it to decompose chemically. I’m
                      Selling house and it’s part of clean up. I did put some tordon on it so
                      Maybe in a few weeks at least it will be dead
                      Dig it out a little then use a sawzall to cut it flush.

Comment

I cut 5 old trees down and had the stumps ground down. I have new growth starting every now and then, I just mow over when doing the yard. It’s a non issue for me. Mine were not right next to the house like yours is though

Comment

why not just cut it at ground level with a chainsaw? and put some mulch over it ?

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                            why not just cut it at ground level with a chainsaw? and put some mulch over it ?

This.

And that ain’t a stump.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi lift jack tripod made with some 2x4’s check on YouTube it’ll come out wrap a chain and crank it up and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X