Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

following. KJ

Comment

Hustler here. I have used and abused that sucker for a long time and it just keeps on going. I broke a rear pulley arm off and Hustler had it replaced and rewelded to the frame no questions asked

Comment

I work at a hustler dealer and we will sell well over a 100 mowers a year, there hard to beat

Comment

I won a commercial HD60 and its a tough mower never had a bad boy mower I think it more about parts service etc .. I looked at the spartan mowers but not enough dealers etc . Nice features .. I bought commercial so last mower I will ever buy for only 3 acres of mowing .

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
            I work at a hustler dealer and we will sell well over a 100 mowers a year, there hard to beat
            Since you work there I have a question on the rear discharge decks . Pics would be better can I convert mine . I own a shop so welding cutting etc is not an issue , I guess I am wondering how it differs bladed rotation ?? I have to cur around a ton of pipe case fence and I have to cut one way so its a pain .

Comment

The left blade has to spin counterclock wise to get the full effect, the duct work is a little different

Comment

Flip a coin from what I see. My Hustler has been great for 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                  The left blade has to spin counterclock wise to get the full effect, the duct work is a little different
                  Wouldn’t it be the right blade to spin counter clockwise? Don’t see how the left spinning counter clockwise would effect much here.

Comment

I’ve posted this on other threads but spartan mowers are made by one of the old owners of bad boy, they look pretty similar but I thought the Spartans looked a little more heavy duty.. they haven’t been out a long time but I liked them more and they had a better warranty which included lifetime deck warranty on the leading edge.. I’m sure some others offer the deck warranty but I don’t think bad boy does.. either way you should be able to get a better deal on a 2018 right now with whatever brand you decide

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                      Since you work there I have a question on the rear discharge decks . Pics would be better can I convert mine . I own a shop so welding cutting etc is not an issue , I guess I am wondering how it differs bladed rotation ?? I have to cur around a ton of pipe case fence and I have to cut one way so its a pain .
                      Do you keep everything cut very regularly? If not a rear discharge will windrow. They can be nice to keep you cleaner, and trim on both sides. However they don’t do as well in overgrown. I’m more partial to Grasshoppers rear discharge that also employs a 4th blade at the rear discharge chute.

Comment

Originally posted by bk_tradguy88 View Post
                        Do you keep everything cut very regularly? If not a rear discharge will windrow. They can be nice to keep you cleaner, and trim on both sides. However they don’t do as well in overgrown. I’m more partial to Grasshoppers rear discharge that also employs a 4th blade at the rear discharge chute.

I cut every week but the grass grows fast here I lift the rubber flap to let it blow out further .. to not have the wind row .

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                          I cut every week but the grass grows fast here I lift the rubber flap to let it blow out further .. to not have the wind row .
                          Then you probably don’t want a rear discharge unless you want to mow twice a week.

Comment

I was looking at both of these last year and went with the Fastrak 54". Mainly because of the dealer being local and not wanting to use TSC. Good thing I did. The muffler was bad and had to be replaced within the first 4 hours of use. The local dealer came and picked it up twice(30 mile round trip) and then came the third time and changed the oil for free after the break in oil needed replacing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              As long as they are both fabricated decks and not stamped I would say they are tit for tat.

I own a raptor sd54 without any problems.
                              Originally posted by mudkat View Post
                              I think the main thing is to find a good servicing dealer of what ever make you choose close to you , They all break eventually.
                              these.

I have a hustler thats over 60 hours of trouble free maintenance. I think hustler has an option now that the deck raises vertically to work on blade etc. Thats huge to me

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                these.

I have a hustler thats over 60 hours of trouble free maintenance. I think hustler has an option now that the deck raises vertically to work on blade etc. Thats huge to me
                                That one first came out when I bought mine and they were proud of that thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X