Drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop

I finally connected with my target buck (drop). This buck has been a regular at my pen since middle of the summer. Me and my lease mates argued/debated the age of him there were even a few threads on here asking for input. We finally decided he was 5.5+ thanks to Kactuskiller. The few weeks leading up to season drop was so regular in the mornings I debated shooting him thinking it’d be too easy.

September 30th- October 1st Opening weekend I saw him but it was either before shooting light or right at dark. On Sunday he came in 10 minutes then the feeder went off he stood at 35 yards broadside and I shot under him no blood or hair. I knew I blew it and wouldn’t ever have another chance at him. Of course my covert camera quit working at my spot so I had to wait all week to see if he was still even in my area.

The next weekend October 7th-8th I checked my card after the hunt and he was still coming in like nothing had happened. I ended up missing him high that weekend.

October 14th-15th weekend same thing I checked my cards he was still coming in like nothing had happened same story different day. I missed him high again L but this time he came right back into the pen and ate for another 10 minutes. I had only brought one broad head with me to my stand.

October 21st-22nd weekend Friday afternoon hunt I hunted my spot and only had a few does and some yearlings come in. Saturday morning right at first light I had the same does and yearlings eating hand corn. A spike and little 4 point came in about 7:20 about 7:25 drop jumped in to the pen and pushed all the other deer out of the pen. I sat there and watched him for 20 minutes until turkeys flew into the pen. I thought the hunt was over but he didn’t even flinch he finally turned and walked to the exact same spot I missed him 2 times before I said a little prayer double checked my routine for drawing and shooting my bow and let it fly. The shot was high and very little penetration I knew I screwed up. I sat in my stand watching the video over and over for 30 minutes. I decided I’d get out go get my card and head to camp. When I got to my pen looking across I could see his rack within 40 yards of where I shot him.

My biggest low fence deer to date

182lbs live weight

132 dressed

20” wide 4” drop

143”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hookem84; 10-23-2017, 09:28 AM.

Man that's a stud!

Comment

Congrats on a great looking deer!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

That is pretty incredible

Comment

Awesome buck and pics. Glad the rattlebug under the rock didn't get you

Comment

Very, very nice.

-john

Comment

That is a very cool buck. He looks awesome.

Congrats again, Daniel on the big drop buck.

Comment

Beauty......any reason for all the High shots? Just wondering I have the same sight you have and just wanting to make sure nothing happened or can happen to me.

Comment

Great buck. Congrats

Comment

awesome. Love the drop.

Comment

Great buck, congrats!!!

Comment

Heck of a deer, congrats!

Comment

Beast! Congrats! Thats a fantastic deer.

Comment

wow great buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X